Consulting

Thread: Solved: Music Templates

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Solved: Music Templates

Anyone know where I can get a freeware Word music template, one with lines, staves, etc, and preferably guitar tab settings.

We only want it to write music on, so it just needs the layout.

TIA.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Here is a start. May not be what your looking for but If it is and you need more(like notes, etc.)let me know.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Wizard
    Lucas got there before me, but here is another version. I used tables rather than a whole line of characters. Lucas' document makes the lines out of a lot of spacebar presses. Mine simply uses a table. Mine is also wider - which you may or may not like.

It also has a simple macro (keyboard shortcut is Alt-m) which asks for how many more new tables you want. Enter whatever number you need and it makes that number of new tables at the end of the document.

All I did was change the line colour to gray to lighten it, and joinmed the bass and treble staves, and it was sorted.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

I have a small app for music scores and tabs. We have used it off and on for several years. Thought you might be interested.

http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php

By the way, what kind of music are you writing?
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I did not notice of the functionality of Word to support music scores...
    But, thanks for showing me the possible solution for this.

XLD,

I have a small app for music scores and tabs. We have used it off and on for several years. Thought you might be interested.

http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php

By the way, what kind of music are you writing?
    Thanks Lucas, I will look into that. There are 4 utilities there that I see, did you write them, or are they just something you found?

We are just writing some simple tunes. Playing about on the piano and the guitar, thought it made sense to jot it down.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

Thanks Lucas, I will look into that. There are 4 utilities there that I see, did you write them, or are they just something you found?

We are just writing some simple tunes. Playing about on the piano and the guitar, thought it made sense to jot it down.
    Ionic Bond,
    They are just something that we found several years ago and have been using. The Main program is only a couple of mb and is all you really need aside from maybe the fonts at the bottom of the page.

I play guitar with a pack of youngsters(since they were teenagers and now in their early 20's) here so I don't get to play the old music much anymore like old Cream tunes, Eagles, Morrison, etc. Now I play a lot of Weezer, Sublime, Metallica, Floyde, etc. good luck and have fun with it. If you need tabs, let me know.

ps hope your playing a gibson instead of those sissy fenders...Most of the kids here play the fender and we have a friendly difference of opinion. Can't beat the humbucker..
    Steve
    -Abraham Lincoln