Consulting

Thread: Looking for Word 2010 and .NET automation links?

Looking for Word 2010 and .NET automation links?

Hey All!

I know this is a VBA forum but you guys have always been very helpful here! I have a vb.net project that automates a word doc but since my company switch to version 2010 it now runs about 4x slower.

I don't have the code with me but, I was hoping you guys might have some links to share, I have searched google but specifically I am looking for creating line shapes in Word 2010.

Thanks,
    Rob
    My {Tube Amp} Building Forum
    http://www.dreamtone.org/Forum/

VBAX Master
    I have found Word 2010 to be extremely unforgiving when creating shapes on the fly... much more so than Word 2003. I have had more crash bugs in Word 2010 when creating a shape and then trying to manipulate it.

I don't have any links for you, since I have not done anything like this. However, I would recommend using building blocks for your standard "shapes" and then inserting those building block entries.

It is much easier to move shapes around (and even alter them slightly) when the core of the shape is stored as a building block entry in template.

Others may have different experiences... and certainly your crash bugs will be different from .NET than mine will be when coding from with VBA, but this has been one of my more frustrating areas in developing.

Thanks, I will most likely try out your suggestion at some time. I was going to make a custom template, then just populate that using vb.net.....but needed to add a few lines, so I used this idea.

[VBA]oDoc.Shapes.AddLine(21, 22, 590, 22) 'top horz[/VBA]
    My {Tube Amp} Building Forum
    http://www.dreamtone.org/Forum/