Consulting

Thread: exclude holidays when calculating between dates

exclude holidays when calculating between dates

Hi Guys!

I have the below code that is currently excluding weekends in calculated value. However I also want this to exclude holiday days. I have read stuff about networkdays but I can't make any sense of it. Is there anyway I can amend below to exclude UK holiday days?

PHP Code:
    .Range("I" lCurrentPhaseLine).Value Application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(.Range("E" lCurrentPhaseLine).Value, -10

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    You need to set up a list of holidays and include that range as the 3rd parameter to Workday.

Networkdays calculates the number of days between two dates, if you just want a date forward or back of a given date, you only need Workday.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks for your quick response xld!

Do you mean create a range in excel? eg create a worksheet within same workbook e.g on sheet2 and create range range A1:A15 where I list all holidays dates. How would I then incorporate this range in below?:
    [VBA].Range("I" & lCurrentPhaseLine).Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(.Range("E" & lCurrentPhaseLine).Value, -10)[/VBA]

Sorry I'm only a VBA novice

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Yes in Excel, and as I said, add the range as parameter 3

[VBA].Range("I" & lCurrentPhaseLine).Value = _
    Application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(.Range("E" & lCurrentPhaseLine).Value, -10, Range("A1:A15")) [/VBA]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Awesome! Thank you very much xld