Consulting

Thread: Template question

Template question

I'm trying to create an interface (or form) that will create a letter document. The interface would consist of three drop down menus (or check boxes, or whatever) and a submit button. The user would pick the location from the 1st drop down and a general activity at that location from the 2nd.

A third drop down would choose the specific activity filtered from the users choice in drop down 2. For example, choosing Activity A in the 2nd drop down gives the user specific options like Activity Aa, Activity Ab, etc.

Once submitted, or saved, or whatever, the letter would be composed based on those choices.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Ok, how do I do that? Can it be done? Can it be done by a regular, non-IT type person aka me?[/FONT]

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Yes, it's possible, but whether you could do it depends on your abilities with vba programming.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

My VBA is non-existent. Is there a cheat sheet out there somewhere, or is it better that we get someone in who can do this for us?

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    To see what's involved, check out the item 'Cascading Listboxes' at: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p..._combobox.html
    and that's just for your pre-document userform. you then need to add the code to create the document and use the output from your userform as the basis for generating the document's content. This is not beginner stuff and I doubt you'll find many programmers who would be willing to do it for free.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]