Consulting

Thread: Formatting issues when printing all slides

Formatting issues when printing all slides

Hi guys

Not a VBA issue but one I can't resolve I thought someone might know something of.

I've got a table imported from Excel in several slides. When I print one slide it's fine. But when I print them all they shift the text every so slightly off position causing it to collide with the table it is on.

Regrettably, due to the content I can't post an example.

If the single slide prints were colliding with the table as well I would understand, but it only occurs when printing all the slides and only when printing them in colour.

This is for electronic distribution in our company so we can't simply print out all of the pages singlely and then hand them out, but we don't want people to print them out and get this inane error.

If anyone can suggest anything that might be causing an issue I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Phel

VBAX Regular

I understand that a single slide prints correctly. However, this would still likely be a printer firmware or driver issue. You don't specify an OS version. But, if you're using the printer driver supplied by the OS, you should try going to the printer manufacturer's website to see if they have updated firmware and/or drivers. They may also have a troubleshooting FAQ that may help.

You might also try doing a print head re-alignment via the manufacturer's software. In other words, they may have an entire s/w suite for your printer that includes some kind of "toolbox". If your printer has an lcd/led screen, you might check the menu to see if there's something there too.

Assuming you're printing from some version of PowerPoint, make sure it's as updated as possible.

Have you tried printing to a different printer? Or, send the slide set to another computer and try printing from its PowerPoint.

Another suggestion, make a copy of the slide set and convert all the embedded tables to pictures, instead of tables. You know, copy / paste special as a picture. This way you'll retain your original "real" tables copy of the slide set.

Finally, maybe the best, quick solution. PowerPoint 2010 has a new feature that lets you save entire slide presentations as pictures. Go to File, Save As, under the filename field choose 'Save as type'. Way down about 2nd from the bottom you'll see PowerPoint Picture Presentation. Oddly, it has the same file extension as a normal .pptx file, but I've tried it and it's the easiest way to convert an entire slide set to pictures all at once. Each slide is completely covered by the 'picture' of the same slides as in your original file. This solution allows you to send out the entire slide set to your target audience. They will be able to print the slides, but they can't change any tables...they're pictures after all!

That's all I got!

If one of these ideas helps you, I'd appreciate it if you would mark this Solved by using the Forum Tools near the upper menuing system here.
    Last edited by dougbert; 08-21-2012 at 10:48 PM.