Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Creating Logo Via Userform Input

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sleeper: Creating Logo Via Userform Input

Folks,

I have posted this question on another site and still working on my own. Coming across some road blocks that I need help to resolve. I will give as much detail as possible.

My in-law's are in a small family run golf business(sales). When they go into clubs for presentations 70% of their time is devoted to making logo's by hand. I would like to help automate this process for them. I have created a userform for data entry however lack the skills to tie this all together.
    I have the following on the Userform   -  UF_GolfLogo
    Shape                list box            LB_Shape         msoshape of the logo
    Lenght               Text Box          TB_Lenght        length of the logo
    Height                Text Box          TB_Height        height of the logo
    # of lines            Text Box           TB_Lines         # of text lines in logo
    Background Pattern list box  LB_BackGroundPattern mso Pattern
    Background Color  list box    LB_BackGroundColor   Background color of shape  
    Border Type         List box    LB_BorderType         Type of border for shape
    Border Color         List Box    LB_BorderColor         Border color for shape
    Line # 1 Information Text Box  TB_Line1              First Line of text
    Position                  List Box    LB_Position1        Left,Center, Or Right 
    Font Type          List Box        LB_FontType1     Type of font for Line 1   
    Font Color          List Box        LB_FontColor1     Color of Line 1 font
    Bold                  Check Box    CB_Bold1            Bolds font if checked
    Underline         Check Box    CB_Underline1       Underlines font if checked
    Italics             Check Box    CB_Italics1             Italics font if checked
    Font Outline     Check Box    CB_Outline1             Outlines font if checked
    Shadow          Check Box    CB_Shadow1             Shadows font if checked
    Font Size        Text Box          TB_FontSize1        Size of font for Line 1
    From Line #1 information down is repeated for a total of 5 lines

I have a command button CB_View on the userform that when pressed will run the macro to create the logo on sheet1 for review. A Command button on sheet1 to send them back to the userform UF_GolfLogo if changes need to be made. I also will also be putting 2 command button's on sheet1 to "Print" the logo and another to "e-mail" the logo.

The following code is what I have so far:

Sub Test()
    Dim sh As Shape
        Set sh = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeOval, 10, 10, Application.InchesToPoints(6), Application.InchesToPoints(3))
        sh.Select
    Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 18
    Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Weight = 6
    Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Patterned msoPatternTrellis
    Selection.Characters.Text = "XYZ Country Club" & "" & "Anywhere Open" & "" & Chr(10) & "Anywhere U.S.A"
    With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=18).Font
        .Name = "Arial"
        .FontStyle = "Bold"
        .Size = 18
        End With
    With Selection.Characters(Start:=19, Length:=15).Font
        .Name = "Arial"
        .FontStyle = "Bold"
        .Size = 36
        End With
    With Selection.Characters(Start:=34, Length:=14).Font
        .Name = "Roman"
        .FontStyle = "Bold Italic"
        .Size = 18
        End With
    Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
    End Sub
    Everything is hardcoded. I need the List Boxes, Check Boxes, & Text Boxes to drive the options. The code above does work, however, limited to 1 specific logo.

I understand I am asking the world. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Kurt
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 04-29-2023 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Adjusted the code tags