Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Project locked for viewing - SendKeys?

Why would you need to modify it? The value is one. If you want to see what an object's constant values are, after you set the reference to this object, in the Immediate window type and press Enter key. This is like Debug.Print.
    ?vbext_pp_locked

VBAX Tutor
    Trying to reference that object produced an error. But changing it to <>1 fixed the problem.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru GTO's Avatar

I would bet that we probably all referenced VBIDE when writing/editing the code, and you may not have this library referenced.

Mark

VBAX Newbie
    Aflatoon's last code will dismiss the unlocked dialog.

I added some missing API's and some constants. I also have a few extra API's but that does not really hurt anything unless you have a lots of other stuff going on that might exceed a stack limit. I tested it in xppro. It should be tested with UAC turned on. I suspect that it will still work ok since it does not use SendKeys().
    Unfortunately, under Win7 and Excel 2010 doesn' work. The properties window is not closed in my case...
    Furthermore, when I try to put the code through a loop in order to unlock various VBA projects (with known passwords) Excel crashes.... I suppose that probably the timer is the cause of my problem but I am not sure...

VBAX Tutor
    Question

Quote Originally Posted by SamGr
    Unfortunately, under Win7 and Excel 2010 doesn' work. The properties window is not closed in my case...
    Furthermore, when I try to put the code through a loop in order to unlock various VBA projects (with known passwords) Excel crashes.... I suppose that probably the timer is the cause of my problem but I am not sure...
    I am running windows 7 with office 2010 and it works perfectly....

Do you have all correct references set? Do you have the required DLL's on your machine?

VBAX Newbie
    Sorry, Theta, my mistake... The code from Excel VBA works fine...

I actually have the following problem:
    The last few days I decided to organize all my VBA code. I had successfully written some code that loops through (an opened) workbook (that has VBA code) and gets some information about its procedures. Pearson's page helped me a lot.

However, during the weekend I decided to go one step further:
    1) I have created a userform in which the user needs to select a folder (with workbooks).
    2) After selection, the codes loops through all files in the selected folder and creates a list in a new sheet (with workbooks names, paths etc.).
    3) Then the user enters some passwords in a textbox and populates a combobox. This is just to have a visual appearance of what passwords have been entered.
    4) Finally, the code loops through all excel files in the following way:
    a) Opens the workbook.
    b) Unprotects the VB project (if is protected) using the list of passwords of the combo box.
    c) Loops through VB project and get info about its procedures.
    d) Close the workbook and proceed to the next one.

Having said that, my problem is 4b. Everything else works fine.
    I have spent a lot of hours the last 3 days and still I could not achieve this... I exclude of course the sendkeys method...
    The code I found here crashes my excel when I am trying to enter a wrong password.

Any ideas?

VBAX Newbie
    Since this is only my 3rd post I cannot provide you the link with the application (it is in my blog).
    It is not perfect, but at least does what I wanted to do.

Thank you all for your contribution and help!

I know its closed thread, comment for other visitors

I know its closed thread, comment for other visitors

u may need "Select Case Application.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(msoLanguageIDUI) ..." in "ClosePropertiesWindow" Prosedure
    in my cased it didnt work ..

and I need to set unlock VBAProject save. ex) uncheck "project Protect" checkbox, remove password String, click OK button.
    I am not good at using win32API .. someone solve this, please send email

VBAX Sage
    If you're asking to bypass the password, you won't get help here - best try to get the password from the Creator.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq.php?faq=psting_faq_item#faq_hack_faq_item

Can I ask hacking / cracking questions here?

Requests for help or answers aiding in the pirating of intellectual property or involving hacking/cracking of password protection of document files or software programs is strictly prohibited on the site. We are all professionals here and, as a community, it is our decision to respect the intellectual and potentially confidential property of others.

Please do not ask anyone to help with lost CD keys; you must contact the software supplier for this information.

If you have the password, and want to use Sendkeys (which I don't think will work), it'd be better to start a new thread instead of tagging onto an 8 year old one
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

hi Paul_Hossler,

I dont asking "hacking Tech". I have many .xlsm Files made by me. I am just manage my Files.
    Like to add moduleFiles etc..

VBAX Sage
    The last time I checked, the ability to unlock a file required manually entering the PW for security reasons

I don't think you can use SendKeys
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Banned VBAX Regular

Banned VBAX Regular