Consulting

Thread: Help to run commands like find and replace/spell check using add-ins

Help to run commands like find and replace/spell check using add-ins

Hi Guys,

I am in a bit of a trouble and would really appreciate your help.

My only programming experience is creatig a "Hello World" program using VB6 five years ago. I have been asked to create these simple add-ins by my manager (There are some lay-offs going on at my company and this may turn out to be "You are not a performer, Goodbye" thing for me).

So what i really want to do is create a cleaning-up checklist add-in for the presentations. Out of many things, the first two I want to accomplish are:

1. Run Spell-check (Go to Slide 1> execute spellcheck)
    2. Run Find and Replace (Go to Slide 1> execute find & replace box with the following text in the fields: Find " " (double space), Replace " " (single space))

The logic behind putting these things in buttons instead of just running the command is that, many times, the associates at my company forget to run all the last minute quality checks and the work goes out to the clients unpolished. So this is one way to ensure that none of the checks are missed by them.

I truely believe that this may not be too complicated and I will really appreciate if you guys can just help me with the codes, as this is the most toughest part for me right now considering the little time I have. I will figure out the rest.

Regards
    VB Novice :P

PS - I have tried searching the forums and the Internet for similar problems but cannot seem to find an answer.

VBAX Master
    If you are not familiar with creating buttons (XML in 2007/2010 or command bar vba in 2003 and earlier) this may be your stumbling block.

I'm happy to give some help with the code but if your job is on the line and you want to shine I'd find a programmer and pay a little!! You also need to say which version you have at work.
    Last edited by John Wilson; 10-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html