Consulting

Thread: Bizarre Chart Scaling Error

VBAX Regular
    Bizarre Chart Scaling Error

I have a PowerPoint 2010 VBA program that reads an Excel file and creates bar charts from the data. The program recently created the two slides in the attached Zip file. The first one is correct. The second one, however, has some kind of bizarre scaling error. Note the bar circled in red. The area for 15% is actually larger than the bar area for 85%. What has happened and why are the bar areas messed up on the second slide? When you go in by hand and edit the values in the "Edit Data" spreadsheet on slide two you continue to to get the same bizarre scaling problem.

Anyone have a solution--or even an idea--of what is happening.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Regular
    o.k., I figured it out--sort of. For some reason--on a randomized basis--the lower limit of the 100% stacked bar was being reset to .75 from 0. Taking off the "Auto" and fixing the lower limit at 0 on the template slide seemed to fix the problem. I say "sort of", because I have no idea way PP on a random basis was suddenly setting the lower limit to .75 as the slides were being generated. This was happening on approximately 20% of the slides being worked on. Beware of "Auto."