Consulting

Thread: Ribbon Menu Controls in Word 2010 Using Greg Maxey's Demo

Ribbon Menu Controls in Word 2010 Using Greg Maxey's Demo

I downloaded Greg Maxey's "Menu Control Demonstration.dotm" in Word 2010 and have 2 questions...

"Word 2003 UI" tab
    In Greg's post, the graphic image of his ribbon shows the toolbar buttons in separate groups (and they are in buttonGroups in the Custom UI Editor). But when I view the tab in Word 2010, there are no groups--the toolbar buttons are just one after the other. Is that because I am using 2010 vs. 2007? Would I need to put each button group into a box instead in 2010 to separate them?

"Menu Control Demo" tab
    In the "Macro Call Menu" group and the "Macro Call SplitButtons 1 and 2" group, the dropdown menus include both the name and a description of the built-in macros on the menu. I was able to create a dropdown menu for my custom macros, but I can't figure out how to get a brief description to appear below the menu item (rather than using a screentip). Is that possible to do with custom macros or does it only work for built-in macros?

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Can you post a link to the file so that we can check it out?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Greg's demo is linked near the top of the page as "Menu Control Demonstration" at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p...u_control.html.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    First point: it looks the same for me as it does for Greg and I am using Word 2010.

Second point: he is using the getDescription callback to populate them.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber