Consulting

Thread: Solved: VBA indenter

VBAX Mentor
    Solved: VBA indenter

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a standalone or web based vba indenter/beautfier? I know I can post code with vba tags on the test forums but I was curious if there was anything else. I'm aware of smart indenter but that needs admin access so I can't use it at work.

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------
    The more you learn about something the more you know you have much to learn.

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Do a quick Google search and you'll find quite a number
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    This generally seems to be the best received http://www.oaltd.co.uk/indenter/default.htm

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Mentor
    Thanks guys. I've spent quite a bit of time googling this, I'm never one to ask a question with out trying to find the answer myself. I found smart indenter which I mentioned in my post. It says "detected corrupt install" when I try to install it. I believe this is due to not having admin access to the machine. I can't really find anything standalone that I don't have to install. Oh well I'll just continue doing preview mode in the test forum.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    If you don't have admin rights, it is unlikely you have trusted access to VBA which you will need to run an auto-indenter.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Mentor
    Thanks JKwan that works great. It is a normal addin instead of an installer so I was able to use it. I think I saw his blogs in the google search yesterday but couldn't get to them due to the silly filtering here at work. For those with the same issue the direct link to the website (not the blog) is http://www.andrewsexceltips.net/downloads.htm

Thanks again.