Consulting

Thread: Global Templates

VBAX Regular
    Global Templates

I found directions for creatiing Global Templates but I had trouble following them. Could you please send me a location of directions on creating these. I want to be able to do this.

Thanks

VBAX Expert
    I found directions for creatiing Global Templates but I had trouble following them. Could you please send me a location of directions on creating these. I want to be able to do this.

Thanks
    Can you state what/where you have already looked so others do not duplicate what you have already explored?
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

Is this really an Excel question, or are you referring to Word's Global Templates?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Regular
    I apologize. I thought that I had read about Global Templates on another Excel site but in looking again, I see it was a Word site.

So let me start over again....... thanks for you for being patient!

Where do you store VBA code that you want available or that can be used by other Excel workbooks? Thus in a sense a Global Template!
    Thanks

Depends really... you have a couple of options:
    -The Personal.xls workbook. This is a hidden workbook that starts up every time you open excel. It's created when you record your first macro. Drawback is that it is only available for you. If someone else logs on to your PC with a different ID, they can't get to it.

-Addins. You can create addins to distribute your code to other parties. The code can be stored in them and is available as long as the addin is open. They're a bit more complicated to set up if you've never done it before, but can be worth it.

Pretty much depends on what you need.

HTH,

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Forgot about those! Nice catch, Zack! I guess we need someone to write an article on "What is an addin & why do I want one?"

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    That is my next one. If I can ever get this first one done!! (Revising, and almost ready to resubmit. )