Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Help needed with VLOOKUP

VBAX Regular
    Sleeper: Help needed with VLOOKUP

I Have the following vlookup table,
    =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$11,3)
    what I want it to do is if there is more than 1 match in the criteria then i want it to total the matching columns, and also if it does not find a match the insert 0 instead if #N/A

TIA

Ian
    One Day Soon I will Be able to Answer a question On Here, But until that day I have to rely on All the other coders to give me the answers.

The adding of matches in vlookup is definitely possible, although I don't how to do it.

Have a look at this thread. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4495
    It contains a function that displays the matches in one cell, comma separated. I am sure that function can be tweaked for your purposes.

As far as replacing the #N/A with 0, that can be done easily enough.

Replace your formula with:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$11,3)),0,(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$11,3)))

VBAX Regular
    That sorts the #N/A problem out, as for the match it needs to add the total just like the formula to sumproduct where it only sums what matches the criteria

Regards

Ian
    One Day Soon I will Be able to Answer a question On Here, But until that day I have to rely on All the other coders to give me the answers.

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar
    Is there any reason you're not using SumProduct for this?

VBAX Regular
    As there are 8 sheets in the spreadsheet i figured it would be easier to us a lookup, the sheets are sunday through to saturday and the last one is the totals where it takes all the values from the match and totals them up

Regards

Ian

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar