Consulting

Thread: Solved: Function that's not working as should

Solved: Function that's not working as should

Hi Guys!

I have a macro that is designed to look into a below function. The function should only pick dates from specified ranges which are same as current date (J1) and start date or following 6 workdays. Also if end date is >= current date then include. However the macro seems to be picking dates including those outside specified range. Can you please help and see if I have set my function correctly?

[VBA]
    Function TaskActive(dtStartDate As Date, dtEndDate As Date) As Boolean
    If dtStartDate <= Application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(Range("J1").Value, 6) Or dtEndDate >= Range("J1").Value Then
    TaskActive = True
    Else
    TaskActive = False
    End If
    End Function[/VBA]

VBAX Tutor
    Your formula is not checking if the end date is greater than today, it is checking if the end date is greater than J1...

[vba]
    If dtStartDate <= Application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(Range("J1").Value, 6) Or dtEndDate >= now() Then
    [/vba]
    HMMM upon further review, you posted J1 is current date... So you want it to fire if the start date is less than 6 work days greater than today and when the end date is >= today??? This means if the start date is 3 months ago, it will return true... is that what you want?

Many thanks CodeNinja. J1 cell is where I have today ()

VBAX Tutor

Oh! Your message has just re-booted my brain I think the the function is working fine, just the conditions I hadn't set correctly.

Many thanks CodeNinja!

VBAX Tutor