Consulting

Thread: Obtaining current date from calendar view

Obtaining current date from calendar view

I'm probably wrong (I hope I am), but there does not appear to be any method in the Outlook object model to obtain the current date (or date range) from a day/week/month view of a calendar folder. I would like to obtain this date for use in a macro. Any ideas? Thanks!

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

Could you be a more specific on which calendar control you're using and where you're using it on? (Perhaps describe steps of how you put it in)

_________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

There is no separate calendar control. I am exporting appointments to an Access DB, but I would like to provide a button-activated macro from the ActiveExplorer which will automatically export all of the appointments from the day being viewed in the ActiveExplorer. I can do this if ActiveExplorer.Selection.Count > 0. However, if the user does not have at least one AppointmentItem selected, I cannot figure out a way to read what day they are viewing in their calendar. Does that help explain it better?

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Ah Ok..you mean the calendar itself in Outlook and not a control.

Have to think about that one.
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    Nopes I'm sorry doesn't seam to be possible.

I did a quick search and found 3 answers from Outlook MVP's saying its impossible.

Perhaps the only way is to have the person provide the date himself in a inputbox or custom form!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Thanks anyway. Although, I do believe nothing is impossible programming wise.... it's just going to be extremely difficult (and perhaps more trouble than it's worth).

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

I like to believe that as well!

But like you said if I don't know a answer I do a quick look and if people who know there stuff say it's impossible then I'm going to save myself the trouble in proving them different.

Time is precious.

Later..
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master