Consulting

Thread: Help needed with 'installing' macro's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help needed with 'installing' macro's

Hi All,

I am pretty new to macro's (esp. outlook) so sorry if this is a stupid question. I have tried to search the forums, but I dont really know what I am looking for.

I am reasonably confident with programming and VB though.

I have converted a program I have written in VB to VBA. I have this program working perfectly in my version of outlook (2003). It is a small program that monitors and grabs stats for a few email games I play.

On my computer the half the code lives in: -

a) Project1 -> Microsoft Office Outlook Object -> ThisOutlookSession -> Application_ItemSend

The other half lives under the buttons in

b) Project1 -> Forms -> UserForm1 -> cmdbuttons

I want to distribute this to my friends (all at least semi computer literate) with minimum fuss. I just dont know how to do that. I have tried exporting the .OTM file - This moves part A of the code, but does not put it in the ThisOutlookSession for that computer - so the code is there but it doesnt run
    I also tried to import the .FRM and .CLS file with no success at all.

Ideally I would like to have an installer (I could write this in VB if needed) and the config files in either a zip or rar which I could email out to people then they unzip, run the .exe and that is it.

I am not sure how practical this is, so some user interaction is okay as long as I can write simple instructions for them to follow.

They have already refused to cut and paste the code and recreate the forms themselves.

There must be a way to do this. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be really great

I have also checked
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290779
    and that says it cant be done, however i nearly have it working. It is just now it will not recognise Right() or Mid() and a whole slew of other stuff....

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
    Last edited by Aphexed; 08-10-2005 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Updated with new testing info