Consulting

Thread: Solved: Transfer variable to form

Solved: Transfer variable to form

Hi,

I am having a process that starts when I'm double clicking a cell. It used to work perfectly when the process was in a standard module in a sub that was called from a worksheet module:

worksheet:
    Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    Call AddInfo(Target)
    End Sub

Module:
    Sub AddInfo(Target As Range)
    [process]
    End Sub

However, now I want the process to be in a form code. But I need to carry the target range properties, so I know the target cell.

There is 1 solution that I have, but it seems for me just too "unprofessional", if You know what I mean. It would be to put the range properties (row number and column number) in a specific place in the workbook, that I would read again once the form is launched and then clear the cells.
    I'm trying to keep the code clean and elegant . Any ideas how to transfer range variable to form?

I believe this issue has been discussed before and it is among tricky techniques. But I still have not found a good solution to this problem.

I know that You can add information from a standard module to the Form elements before actually showing the form, such as:

MyForm.TextBox1.Text = MyText
    and then:
    MyForm.Show

but can You transfer variables from the standard module to form module to work with? Can You transfer an array of data, for example?

You could use Public variables. See the following link for a discussion http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29025.

Any day you learn something new is a day not wasted.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    Or you can define it as a named range.