Hello,
Any assistance with the following VBA code is greatly appreciated!
Task:

1. I use an excel macro to open internet explorer and Log In to my intranet company website (already done), I need to select the second item in the first, of 2, drop down boxes. The name in the dropdown list will be different each time I login, but it will remain the 2nd option in the list.

2. Once selected, an excel message box appears asking to Open or Save the excel report (connected to the dropdown selection). I would like to Open this file

3. Because the files name is different each time I open it, I would like to Save As a standard name, lets say, “myexcelfile” in a standard folder, lets say, “C:\Documents\ExcelFiles” which overwrites any existing file of that same name.

_____________________Web Page Source Code for Drop Down List____________________
'I need to select the second option value below(1234variable-name.xls), which is the first selectable item in the list.

<div class= "Content">
<select name="ct100 style="width:220px; ">

<option value=” (Select a report) ”> (Select a report) </option>

<option value=”/MyCompanyDept/CompanyFile/MyCompanyDept/Reports/1234variable-name.xls” title=”4/10/2013 - My Company - ReportName”>4/10/2013 - My Company - Report Name</option>

<option value=”/MyCompanyDept/CompanyFile/MyCompanyDept/Reports/do not need this one.xls” title=”4/10/2013 - My Company – ReportName2”>4/10/2013 - My Company - Report Name2</option>

</select> <input type="button" id="btnGo" name="btnGo" value="Go" class="SmallButton"
onclick="viewReport()" />
</div>

I was thinking there must be a way to select using an index; 2nd item in list, or something similar. I'm not sure about saving the variably named .xls file once opened, if the macro file to run the VBA has been opened first. As well, I won't know the name of the dropdown.xls file from the webpage.
Thank you for your time and any assistance you may provide,
John