Consulting

Thread: Question on Row References in VBA

Question on Row References in VBA

Hi All,
    I really apologize for posting what I am guessing is going to be a really stupid question, but I am trying to teach myself VBA and need a hand with something. I have an array formula that goes in several cells. Using what I found online threw several searches, I found the following (which is only a part of the code): MIN(ROW(Color!$A$2:$A$500))+1), ROW(1:1). It works perfectly and when I drag it down, the row reference changes from ROW(1:1) to ROW(2:2), as it should. If I wanted to use VBA to place this array in the cells though, how would I reference the ROW(1:1) and get it to change to ROW(2:2), etc.? Nothing I have tried as worked. Any suggestions would be welcome!
    Thank you!
    Amy

Dim LR As Long 'Holds the last row number you put the formula in
    Dim i As Long
    For i = 1 to LR
    Cells(i,ColumnReference).Formula = "=MIN(...etc),ROW(" & i & ":" & i & ")"[/VBA]

If the formula goes in many cells, you will get a smaller file size doing the calculations in VBA and putting only the result in the Cell. Youcan to use an Event to trigger the procedure, (AKA, macro.)
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

Hi Sam,
    Thank you so much! How do I do the calculations in VBA, like you mentioned, and just put the results in the cell? I think that is really what I want to do.
    Thanks again!
    Amy

What is the formula? Include workbook references even if they are not in the cell's formula.

Cell formula on sheet1 example
    • =A1+Sheet2!A1
    Formula you show me
    • =Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!A1
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

Hi Sam,
    This is the full formula:

=IFERROR(INDEX(Data!$A$2:$A$500, SMALL(IF(ISBLANK(Data!$A$2:$A$500)+ISERROR(Data!$A$2:$A$500)++IF(Data!$B$2: $B$500<>A$1,1,0), "", ROW(Data!$A$2:$A$500)-MIN(ROW(Data!$A$2:$A$500))+1), ROW(1:1))),"")

Thanks!
    Amy