Consulting

Thread: VBA ignore weekends and holidays.

Exclamation VBA ignore weekends and holidays.

Hi all,

I am in charge of doing Turn Around Time reports, I have made a macro to extract the data, but it's not at all flexible, we have several products that have different turn around times, so for each turn around time I have a seperate bit of code that's slightly different. If a products turn around time changes then I have to change the code as well, I am wanting to have it so I can use the same code regardless of the turn around time...

The turn around time only includes weekdays, not weekends or holidays. So if it's a two day turn around, and today is Monday, then it's anything ordered on Thursday or before that should be on the report.
    I am hoping to find a way to have it, so if I say "Turn around time: 3 days", it will count back ignoring weekends and hoidays.

Currently I have this for a two day turn around:
    [vba]Function TodaysTATPF(x As Integer)
    Dim firstRow As Integer
    Dim lastRow As Integer
    Dim sheetRange As String
    Call BankHolidays
    firstRow = 2
    lastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    sheetRange = "A" & firstRow & ":U" & lastRow
    If Date >= SpringBHStart And Date <= SpringBHEnd Or Date >= SummerBHStart And _
    Date <= SummerBHEnd Or Date >= MayBHStart And Date <= MayBHEnd Then
    If Weekday(Now()) = vbTuesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbWednesday Then
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x - 3)), _
    Operator:=xlAnd
    Else
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x)), _
    End If
    ElseIf Date >= EasterStart And Date <= EasterEnd Then
    If Weekday(Now()) = vbTuesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbWednesday Then
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x - 4)), _
    Else
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x)), _
    End If
    ElseIf Weekday(Now()) = vbMonday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbTuesday Then
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x - 2)), _
    Else
    End If
    End Function[/vba]

And here's what I do for a three day turn around time

[vba]Function TodaysTATTC(x As Integer)
    Dim firstRow As Integer
    Dim lastRow As Integer
    Dim sheetRange As String
    Call BankHolidays
    firstRow = 2
    lastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    sheetRange = "A" & firstRow & ":U" & lastRow
    If Date >= SpringBHStart And Date <= SpringBHEnd Or Date >= SummerBHStart And _
    Date <= SummerBHEnd Or Date >= MayBHStart And Date <= MayBHEnd Then
    If Weekday(Now()) = vbTuesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbWednesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbThursday Then
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x - 3)), _
    Else
    End If
    ElseIf Date >= EasterStart And Date <= EasterEnd Then
    If Weekday(Now()) = vbTuesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbWednesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbThursday Then
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x - 4)), _
    Else
    End If
    ElseIf Weekday(Now()) = vbMonday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbTuesday Or Weekday(Now()) = vbWednesday Then
    ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - x - 2)), _
    Else
    End If
    End Function[/vba]

So there are just slight differences which I have to make to account for the weekend.. But there are several other products that have different turn around times as well.

If someone could atleast give me a little idea of where to start, that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by MaikkiD; 06-04-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Refactor your code to remove all day counting bits and just leave the Cell manipulating bits. You'll have to play with Holidays and weekends in the Function ActualTurnAroundDays to get them to add correctly

OOps! Typo. ProductTurnAroudDays should read ProductTurnAroundDays
    [vba]Sub SamT(ProductTurnAroudDays As Long)
    Dim firstRow As Integer
    Dim lastRow As Integer
    Dim sheetRange As String
    Dim TA_Days As Long

TA_Days = ActualTurnAroundDays(ProductTurnAroudDays)

ActiveSheet.Range(sheetRange).AutoFilter Field:=6, Criteria1:=">=" & CLng(DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), Day(Date) - TA_Days)), _
    End Sub[/vba]

Here's the function(s) used to set TA_Days.
    [vba]Function ActualTurnAroundDays(ProductTurnAroudDays As Long) As Long
    Dim ExtraDays As Long
    ExtraDays = NumWkEnds(ProductTurnAroudDays)
    ExtraDays = ExtraDays + NumHolidays(ProductTurnAroudDays)
    ActualTurnAroundDays = ExtraDays
    End Function

Function NumHolidays(ProductTurnAroudDays As Integer) As Long
    ProductTurnAroudDays '= Code to determine number of holidays between Now and NOW - ProductTurnAroudDays
    End Function

Function NumWkEnds(ProductTurnAroudDays As Integer) As Long
    NumWkEnds '= Code to count number of weekend days betweeen Now and Now - ProductTurnAroudDays
    End Function
    [/vba]
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ