Consulting

Thread: Vlookup Dynamic Criteria

VBAX Newbie
    Question Vlookup Dynamic Criteria

Hi All, just needing some excel help with a vlookup that I'm needing. Ok so I have a massive data table on worksheet (Checklist (Table_owssvr_1)) and on the worksheet (Dashboard) I have the below table, 'Year Select' is a drop-down list selection of Years and 'Month Select' is the same. But what I'm needing to do is display the results of 1-31 days for those customers based on the Year and Month selection, the result I'm needing to display is the success rate on from the (Checklist) sheet. I've tried the below formula but no success, if anyone could help it'd be appreciated. Thanks

=IF(AND(Table_owssvr_1[[#All],[Year_Calc]],'Dashboard'!B2,Table_owssvr_1[[#All],[Month_Calc]],'Dashboard'!B3,Table_owssvr_1[[#All],[Day_Calc]],'Dashboard'!C4,Table_owssvr_1[[#All],[Customer]],'Dashboard'!B5),Table_owssvr_1[[#All],[Success Rate]],FALSE)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z AA AB AC AD AE AF AG
    2 Year Select
    3 Month Select
    4 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    5 Cust 1 Success Rate (Day 1)
    6 Cust 2
    7 Cust 3
    8 Cust 4
    9 Cust 5

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Can you post the workbook, or a subset of that workbook so that we can avoid re-inventing the (data) wheel?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Newbie
    Hi xld, thanks for your quick response, I've had to create a copy and remove all sensitive data out of it: 'www(dot)filedropper(dot)com/book1_6', sorry this forum won't let me post a link because I'm still a newbie and don't have enough points, also don't know if this will help with constructing a lookup for it but on the 'Checklist' worksheet, because the data's dynamic and new data will be added all the time, I have a vba macro to column fill a 'RowNum' column with a number going down for how many rows have been filled - 1(title row).

hi. you need at least 5 posts to be able to paste a link here. but you can upload a file. click Go Advanced button just below the Quick Reply panel. scroll down to Additional Options then click Manage Attachments. browse for your file and upload here.
    PLS DO NOT PM; OPEN A THREAD INSTEAD!!!

1) Posting Code
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE]
    (or paste your code, select it, click # button)

2) Uploading File(s)
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) (multiple files can be selected while holding Ctrl key) / Upload Files / Done
    Replace company specific / sensitive / confidential data. Include so many rows and sheets etc in the uploaded workbook to enable the helpers visualize the data and table structure. Helpers do not need the entire workbook.

3) Testing the Codes
    always back up your files before testing the codes.

4) Marking the Thread as Solved
    from Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)

VBAX Newbie
    Thanks mancubus, that's awesome didn't know I could attach files like that
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Regular
    Have you thought about using a PivotTable?
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Newbie
    Hi Ringhal, I have considered it, although at the end of the 31 days I'll need a 'Monthly Total' which would be an average of scores and if no scores are completed for a particular day then I need to have that cell marked as 'TBA', plus I'll need to put in some conditional formatting for the scores.

VBAX Newbie
    Any luck with this? Still having trouble figuring it out