Consulting

Thread: Excel Timestamp format editing

Cool Excel Timestamp format editing

Hello everyone,

FYI I am new to VBA coding. I have a external device that collects force data and saves directly to an .xls file with a timestamp for each data value. I am trying to create a Force vs. Time plot for my data set (will be performed for tons of files, thus a macro would be really helpful).

This is the the format of the timestamp: 13-08-2013 11:16:11.069

The way this format is currently, I cannot just simply change the format of the cells to a format I prefer. So, I want to remove the day-month-year part of the time stamp. Once I do this, excel lets me format the 11:16:11.069 portion of the timestamp to other built in cell formats. (i.e mm:ss.00).

How can I remove that day-month-year portion of the timestamp? The time stamp is in the B column and can vary in size.

I would really appreciate the help. The tech support guy for the external device was a huge jerk and told me I have to use that timestamp and there's nothing I can do to fix my problem besides buying their $400 data software.

Thanks guys!

If you attach a file, it is easier to help.

If it is a true datetime value, a custom format of hh:mm:ss.000 should suffice.