Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Protected sheets and Links?

VBAX Newbie
    Sleeper: Protected sheets and Links?

I am trying to keep worksheets protected and update the source of linked references in cretin unlocked cells.

When I go to LINKS / CHANGE SORCE I can only update (have access to the button) when the sheets are unprotected. I have unlocked the cells and that does not seem to help.

Any advice?

Cuci

VBAX Expert
    I am trying to keep worksheets protected and update the source of linked references in cretin unlocked cells.

When I go to LINKS / CHANGE SORCE I can only update (have access to the button) when the sheets are unprotected. I have unlocked the cells and that does not seem to help.

Any advice?

Cuci
    Hi Cuci; welcome to VBAX

I would like to say that it is because you have cretin cells. I am not familiar with cretin cells, but assume that they are stupid and do not do what we want

Seriously, I believe sheet protection is doing what it is supposed to do, i.e., generally protect the sheet from changes. Perhaps others have better insight.
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

I would like to say that it is because you have cretin cells. I am not familiar with cretin cells, but assume that they are stupid and do not do what we want
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Newbie
    Any cell that dos not do what i want it to is a "cretin."

I seem to have found a way around it. It seems that you can change the source of the links in a book even if the links are in a protected sheet if the sheet that is active is unprotected. Strange but it seems true.

Cuci