Consulting

Thread: Word Form to Excel

VBAX Newbie
    Word Form to Excel

Good afternoon,

I have a need to take a shared form (multiple users at once) and dump the info into Excel. I did a google search on this and found this forum. I never knew this was possible to please be patient with me.

I have Excel and Word - Professional Plus 2010.

I have attached the simple form that I need to use. MI and WI Local Incentive Program.docx

Is there someone that can help me make this happen?

VBAX Contributor
    Take a look at the following article on Greg Maxey's website:
    http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm

See also: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...el-spreadsheet
    Note that, although the primary macro there is for exporting content control data, my last post in that thread shows how to modify the code to work with formfields instead.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

As far as I have understood, you want to "transfer" (export) some data from the bookmarks of a Word template to an Excel spreadsheet?
    Is that right?

If so, let me know because I made a similar project not long ago (was the opposite, from Excel to word) but the concept is the same.
    Sorry about my English mistakes!

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavisx View Post
    As far as I have understood, you want to "transfer" (export) some data from the bookmarks of a Word template to an Excel spreadsheet?
    Is that right?

If so, let me know because I made a similar project not long ago (was the opposite, from Excel to word) but the concept is the same.
    I think that's what I want to do. I'm not technical... but I want people to be able to input into into Word... push a button, and it move to Excel and house the info.

Doug and I have already provided two solutions. Whilst conceptually similar, transferring data from multiple Word documents to a single Excel workbook requires a significantly different approach from simply populating those documents. Code designed to populate documents could not be used to transfer those data to Excel without a complete re-write; the code is entirely different.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]