Consulting

Thread: Link specification does not exist

VBAX Mentor
    Link specification does not exist

This is a cross post as I am so far unable to find a solution on MrExcel I thought I would also post it here (while following cross posting best practice).http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/microso...not-exist.html Original post ---Hi all,Got a strange one here. Hopefully someone has seen it before and can help me out. I have some code that runs on startup of a database. It always errors saying that a link specification does not exist. Oddly if I end the code from the debug prompt and run it again it runs just fine. It only seems to fail when trying to execute from a startup form or an autoexec macro.Any ideas?
    -----------------------------------------
    The more you learn about something the more you know you have much to learn.

VBAX Contributor
    How about posting solution for the benefit of all?

VBAX Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
    How about posting solution for the benefit of all?
    I tried it on another computer and it worked fine so I ran a repair and remembered the computer it ran on I had installed 2007 SP3 so I did the same on the original computer. Not sure if it was the repair or the service pack but it is working now.

Funny how we assume something is wrong with the code when it doesn't work when it could be the installation itself.
    -----------------------------------------
    The more you learn about something the more you know you have much to learn.

VBAX Contributor