Consulting

Thread: Microsoft Word macro to automatically resize image after pasting

Microsoft Word macro to automatically resize image after pasting

I have a VBA question for Word.

I would appreciate if someone wouldn't mind writing a macro that would paste an image from clipboard and automatically resize the image to fit the maximum width (7in.) of the page, while maintaining the relative height.

Thank you!!

VBAX Regular
    On a 100 acre hobby farm in beautiful west Quebec.
    Word should do that for you by default. Make sure your Options are set to paste images as "Inline with text" (File > Options > Advanced > Cut, copy, and paste) to avoid having images move around unexpectedly (you can always right-click on them to choose different text wrap options later).
    Eric

Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him. ? Aldous Huxley

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by emoandy05 View Post
    I have a VBA question for Word.

I would appreciate if someone wouldn't mind writing a macro that would paste an image from clipboard and automatically resize the image to fit the maximum width (7in.) of the page, while maintaining the relative height.

Thank you!!
    Hi, emoandy05.
    I wonder whether it has been changed as default? If so, it will be much more convenient.
    Best Regards,
    Pan

I am testing about PDF extraction sdks to extract text from pdf files, any ideas?

Next Tomorrow is Another Day.

A graphic larger than the space between the current boundaries will shrink to the width of the available space (maintaining aspect ratio). A graphic smaller than the available space will remain at its original size.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com