Consulting

Thread: Inquiry: VBA Code in Excel

Inquiry: VBA Code in Excel

Hi everyone,

I have a form in the sheet1 where I have fields that are filled out with vlookup function. I want to copy or save the value of the fields in a row. The code worked perfect, but the only thing it is copying in the same sheet where the fields are located. I want to copy and paste the values in the Sheet2 instead of Sheet1. I tried to change ActiveSheet.Cells to Sheet2.Cells, but it does not work. Can you help me on this?

Public Sub PasteData()
    Dim PCount As Integer
    Cells(1, 2).Select
    PCount = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
    Cells(PCount, 1).Value = "Par1"
    Cells(PCount, 2).Value = "Par2"
    Cells(PCount, 3).Value = "Par3"
    Cells(PCount, 4).Value = "Par4"
    Cells(PCount, 5).Value = "Par5"

End Sub
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 09-11-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added tags to code

Post the code that (almost) worked perfect
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by hmp_khauff View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a form in the sheet1 where I have fields that are filled out with vlookup function. I want to copy or save the value of the fields in a row. The code worked perfect, but the only thing it is copying in the same sheet where the fields are located. I want to copy and paste the values in the Sheet2 instead of Sheet1. I tried to change ActiveSheet.Cells to Sheet2.Cells, but it does not work. Can you help me on this?

Public Sub PasteData()
    Dim PCount As Integer
    Cells(1, 2).Select
    PCount = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
    Cells(PCount, 1).Value = "Par1"
    Cells(PCount, 2).Value = "Par2"
    Cells(PCount, 3).Value = "Par3"
    Cells(PCount, 4).Value = "Par4"
    Cells(PCount, 5).Value = "Par5"

End Sub
    If you want to copy an entire row, you can do that and specify where to copy it to:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").EntireRow.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
    The above works fine when you have just one row to copy and are pasting into a blank sheet. If it's unclear where the last used row of Sheet2 is, this would work better:

dim firstblank as long
    firstblank = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A65536").end(xlup).row + 1
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").EntireRow.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & firstblank)
    Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    Public Sub M-snb() 
        sheet2.Cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).offset(1).resize(,5)= activesheet.cells(2,1).resize(,5).value
    End Sub