Consulting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Load Form in Personal Forms Library With VBA

VBAX Regular
    Load Form in Personal Forms Library With VBA

The form of my contact has a number of extra fields that I use for insert information regarding the contacts.

I have Yes/No fields, Date/Time fields, and Combobox fields.

In the past, I have the macro codes that if I identify a contact in a contact folder or subfolders, or open a contact, I create a email to that contact.

Is there a macro form that identifies the name of the field in the form of the contacts, and when I identify or open a contact, I run the macro and it adds to the field the words I want to use? This way if I am going thru 500 contacts and each one needs the same words or date in a field, I can add to them much much faster.

This would be another upgrade that would be helpful!! Thanks so much!!!

I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Regular
    I have the code that does what I asked....and what I need if possible, is a macro code that when I highlight a contact, when run the macro, it clicks on a specific commandbutton in the contact......the contact form is in my Personal Forms Library and the name of the Contact form is "Contact Form 1"

Does anyone have a code this please?

Ims, Can you share the solution with us, please.

You should be able to use something like:
    Load  [LibraryName].Forms("Contact Form 1")
    With Forms("Contact Form 1")
    .[Required Input Control Name].Value = Selection
    .CommandButton1_Click
    End With
    Forms("Contact Form 1").Unload

VBAX Regular
    So add the words Personal Forms Library to the space LibraryName??.....and put a Private Sub [name] () and End Sub at the end? And please tell me what I do in the area you named "Required Input Control Name" ...is there something to do to that area?

As I am not the expert and I appreciate your quick response

I tested this in Excel, since I don't have Outlook installed. I had to change the Commandbutton_click Sub t

Private Sub ClickRemoteCommandButton()

Load ContactForm1
    ContactForm1.CommandButton1_Click
    Unload ContactForm1

End Sub
    I had to remove the Keyword "Private" from in front of the Commandbutton_Click Sub.
    Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    MsgBox ""
    End Sub

VBAX Regular
    So the code to try as a macro when I highlight a contact is the following:

Sub ClickRemoteCommandButton()

Load ContactForm1
    ContactForm1.CommandButton1_Click
    Unload ContactForm1

End Sub

VBAX Regular
    I ran the code above but the error shows up and the words "Load ContactForm1" show up as yellow color

You must use the exact names of the Form and the command button as shown in the VBA Properties Window.

VBAX Regular
    Where is the VBA Properties window please...as I have used the correct names based on the when I open up the design form area....so what else do I find?
    Or should there be something before the Load for purposes of Outlook?

In VBA Press Ctrl+R, then Press F4, or you can use the VBA Menu "View" and select Project Explorer and Properties Window

VBAX Regular
    All do respect, this is not clear.....I have put the code you gave me in a Module in the VBA and then as a macro, it shows up under that names of the macros.....my contact form is the following: Contact Form 1 and below it when I go to the list of forms in my Personal Forms Library, that is the name and below it shows up as IPM.Contact.Contact Form 1 and the commandbutton in the contact form is a commandbutton that runs a code from the Script area of the contact form and the commandbutton is Commandbutton4.

So I am not sure what to adjust when I simply create the macro you gave me, when I highlight a contact not opening it up, and I run the macro, it effectively clicks the Commandbutton4 inside the contact I highlighted....

So what should I fix in details...if you can write down the full code and any Function to put it, I appreciate it.

We are getting out of my field now. I have never really used Outlook and don't have it installed.

I am going to change the title of this thread to see if we can attract an Outlook Power user for you.

VBAX Regular
    Thank you very much.....can you please change the title so it's clear that it's to load a form but just click on a commandbutton in it from the macro?

You can't "Click" the button without loading the form first. Without the Form, there is no button.

Can't you just copy the Button's code into the macro you want to click the button?

VBAX Regular
    The code in script does is not the same in a macro....I was told there are changes to a script from the contact form to do the same as a macro in the VBA.....so here is the script code that updates the Task of the Contact and all fields in the Task form from the Contact fields relate to them....so if you know what to upgrade as a macro in the VBA, that would be very helpful. Thank you very much.

Sub btnUpdateTasks_Click

dim ContactName

dim olns

dim MyFolder

dim NumItems

dim myItems

dim TaskCount

Dim Str,Str1,Str2,Str3,Str4,Str5,Str6,Str7,Str8,Str9,Str10,Str11,Str12,Str13,Str14,Str15,Str16,Str17,Str18,Str19

Dim StartDate

Dim DueDate

Dim Recipients

TaskCount = 0

Str = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox7").Value

Str1 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox8").Value

Str2 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox5").Value

Str3 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Initial Intro").Value

Str4 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Intro Date").Value

Str5 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox10").Value

Str6 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox3").Value

Str7 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox2").Value

Str8 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox4").Value

Str9 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox5").Value

Str10 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ContactTypeComboBox1").Value

Str11 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox4").Value

Str12 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("StatusComboBox1").Value

Str13 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox20").Value

Str14 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox6").Value

Str15 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox22").Value

Str16 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox9").Value

Str17 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Follow-Up ComboBox1").Value

Str18 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox3").Value

Str19 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("NextStepComboBox1").Value

StartDate = item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("OlkDateControl4").value

DueDate = item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("OlkDateControl3").value

ContactName = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Fullname").value

Set olns = Item.Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI")

Set MyFolder = olns.GetDefaultFolder(13)

NumItems = MyFolder.Items.Count

Set myItems = myFolder.Items

If numitems > 0 then

For I = 1 to NumItems

Set Recipients = myItems(I).Recipients

If Recipients.count > 0 then

if myitems(I).Links.Item(1).Name = ContactName Then

MyItems(I).Display

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox20").Value = Str

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox7").Value = Str1

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox24").Value = Str2

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox25").Value = Str3

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox26").Value = Str4

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox23").Value = Str5

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox8").Value = Str6

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox9").Value = Str7

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox10").Value = Str8

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox11").Value = Str9

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox12").Value = Str10

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox13").Value = Str11

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox14").Value = Str12

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox15").Value = Str13

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox16").Value = Str14

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox22").Value = Str15

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox21").Value = Str16

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox17").Value = Str17

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox18").Value = Str18

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox19").Value = Str19

myItems(I).StartDate = StartDate

myItems(I).DueDate = DueDate

MyItems(I).Save

MyItems(I).Close(0)

TaskCount = TaskCount + 1

End If

End If

Next

end if

Select case TaskCount

Case 0

msgbox "No tasks were updated."

Case 1

msgbox "One task was update successfully."

Case Else

msgbox taskcount & " tasks were updated successfully."

End Select

End Sub
    Last edited by SamT; 09-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Sub With Double spaces Removed. Note that some characheters in OP were not readable

Sub btnUpdateTasks_Click
        dim ContactName
        dim olns
        dim MyFolder
        dim NumItems
        dim myItems
        dim TaskCount
        Dim Str,Str1,Str2,Str3,Str4,Str5,Str6,Str7,Str8,Str9,Str10,Str11,Str12,Str13,Str14,Str15,Str16,Str17,Str18,Str19
        Dim StartDate
        Dim DueDate
        Dim Recipients

TaskCount = 0
        Str = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox7").Value
        Str1 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox8").Value
        Str2 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox5").Value
        Str3 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Initial Intro").Value
        Str4 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Intro Date").Value
        Str5 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox10").Value
        Str6 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox3").Value
        Str7 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox2").Value
        Str8 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox4").Value
        Str9 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox5").Value
        Str10 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ContactTypeComboBox1").Value
        Str11 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox4").Value
        Str12 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("StatusComboBox1").Value
        Str13 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox20").Value
        Str14 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox6").Value
        Str15 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox22").Value
        Str16 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("ComboBox9").Value
        Str17 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Follow-Up ComboBox1").Value
        Str18 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("TextBox3").Value
        Str19 = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("NextStepComboBox1").Value
        StartDate = item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("OlkDateControl4").value
        DueDate = item.getinspector.modifiedformpages("General").controls("OlkDateControl3").value

ContactName = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("General").Controls("Fullname").value
        Set olns = Item.Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
        Set MyFolder = olns.GetDefaultFolder(13)
        NumItems = MyFolder.Items.Count
        Set myItems = myFolder.Items

If numitems > 0 then
        For I = 1 to NumItems
            Set Recipients = myItems(I).Recipients
            If Recipients.count > 0 then

if myitems(I).Links.Item(1).Name = ContactName Then

MyItems(I).Display

myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox20").Value = Str
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox7").Value = Str1
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox24").Value = Str2
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox25").Value = Str3
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox26").Value = Str4
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox23").Value = Str5
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox8").Value = Str6
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox9").Value = Str7
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox10").Value = Str8
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox11").Value = Str9
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox12").Value = Str10
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox13").Value = Str11
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox14").Value = Str12
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox15").Value = Str13
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox16").Value = Str14
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox22").Value = Str15
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox21").Value = Str16
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox17").Value = Str17
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox18").Value = Str18
                myItems(I).GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("P.2").Controls("TextBox19").Value = Str19

myItems(I).StartDate = StartDate
                myItems(I).DueDate = DueDate

MyItems(I).Save
                MyItems(I).Close(0)
                TaskCount = TaskCount + 1
            End If
            End If
        Next
        end if

Select case TaskCount
            Case 0
                msgbox "No tasks were updated."
            Case 1
                msgbox "One task was update successfully."
            Case Else
                msgbox taskcount & " tasks were updated successfully."
        End Select

End Sub

VBAX Regular
    I have two codes related to Tasks...the CommandButton4 code creates the task....the one I showed above updates the Task and related fields...and the name of the commandbutton is "btnUpdateTasks" so that's the commandbutton I want to use..

After really looking at your code, I am sorry to have to say, but, except for a small edit to improve efficiency, that code can not be modified in any way unless the Coder is able to actually see the Form in Design mode.

The Reason is that almost none of the controls or String variables have meaningful names. For Example; What is the name of the data used by Str5, CmboBox10 and Textbox23?

For that matter, there are several controls with the same name, although members of different Form objects, that hold different kinds of data.

Post the RemoteCommandButtonClick code you tried. Before Paste it in, click the # button at the top of the Post editor and paste the code in between the two (Bracketed) Code Tags.