Consulting

Thread: Questions from a customUI newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Contributor
    Questions from a customUI newbie

I just started to work with a custom UI for my Word document, and I have a few questions.

I was able to set up a quick test that worked to remove all of the tabs and create a custom tab using 'ribbon startFromScratch="true"', but the Table tools content tabs (Design/Layout) still show up. Is there a way to prevent them from appearing as well?

Is there a way to add a complete group from the original ribbon? I tried adding the 'GroupZoom' to my custom tab in the xml, but it just added a blank group.

I tried opening my document on a Mac, but it didn't alter the ribbon. Is the customUI a Windows only functionalit, or is there something different that has to be done for a Mac? The program I have created is intended for PCs, but if I need to make it available to Macs, I would like to know what options I have (if any).

Are there any options in the xml to show/hide or enable/disable elements based on any conditionals? (e.g. software version, platform, macro-enabled status). I believe that I can use VBA to make further changes to the ribbon, but can this be done from the xml code as well?

Are there any good thorough tutorials that anyone can suggest?
    Last edited by Cosmo; 10-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.