Consulting

Thread: Algorithm For Compare Rows by Three Columns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    Algorithm For Compare Rows by Three Columns

Hello to all,
    I have a situation regarding comparing data from several columns. To make this more specific, I've attached an excel file for a better understanding.
    - I want to compare all the information from the range A6:D127 to S7:W91 (the information is available on sheet 2) and to emphasize the difference (non matching paycodes, or hours)
    - if, for example, the records match (name of the employees from range A6:D127 matche to those from S7:W91 and the same thing for the rest of the columns) I have to insert all the information in the report from sheet 1
    - I also have to insert in the report from sheet 1 the discrepancy between the columns.
    - as you see in the sheet 2, the the two tables have a differentiate number of rows. So, this means that I have some employees which don't show up in the other table. I must report this also.
    The report is done practically manually but I hope there is a faster solution.

I hope I make myself cleared about this. I really need a solution for my problem (a function, or a macro code or something else) and I would really appreciate it .

Thank you very much!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SamT; 10-13-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Disabled Smilies for the "D:" ranges