Consulting

Thread: Need idea to block all macro in a simple way

VBAX Regular
    Need idea to block all macro in a simple way

Hello

I've created a workbook to calculate different HR headcount. These calculations are done by several macros, activated by multiple objects in different sheets.
    I want my "super user" to be able to run the macros every month (to build the calculation) but then, when she publish the results to all company, I would like her to be able to "deactivate" all macro easily in one shot?

VBAX Mentor
    reserve a cell for a flag, all macros check this cell, if value is 1 then exit.
    All macros, before end sub change the flag to 1

I would use a Name, enter the date of the last execution there and compare the month on opening the workbook to the month stored. If a new month is reached a Boolean could be set to True which is checked by the macros. And I would think about a master macro to start the individual ones and store the new date in the name as well as set the boolean to False.

Instead of a Name you could use a textfile to store the date or a CustomDocumentProperty. I would not recommend to use the Registry to store the information (would only be available on one computer).

Ciao,
    Holger

VBAX Regular
    Thanks you both, you gave me good ideas to implement

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    If she publishes the calculated workbook as an xlsx file no macros will be present anymore.

VBAX Regular
    that's even smarter :-).. sometimes, I forgot the obvious. It will generate error message if they click on the "shapes" but I can live with that...

Once again, thanks snb!

VBAX Sage
    I've created a workbook to calculate different HR headcount. These calculations are done by several macros, activated by multiple objects in different sheets.
    I want my "super user" to be able to run the macros every month (to build the calculation) but then, when she publish the results to all company, I would like her to be able to "deactivate" all macro easily in one shot?
    I usually have my macro-enabled 'master' WB just generate a new WB with just the data I want to share arranged the way I want it, and then save the new one as a xlsx.

Paul