Consulting

Thread: Multiselect Listbox Help

VBAX Mentor
    Multiselect Listbox Help

Hi
    I am having a few problems with a Multi Select list box as follows
    What I am trying to achieve, if a user selects 3 items, then write the values back to a sheet, these items are then removed from the listbox.
    2nd time around the user selects all the other items.

The problem is the 2nd time around it is overwriting the data from the 1st selection, it works if all items are selected in one go, can somebody point me in the right direction?

Code for loading list box
    Case "Service Reception"
            With LBAuditP4
                .List = Sheets("AC").Range("M2:U7").Value
                .ColumnCount = UBound(.List, 2) + 1 'ubound(.list,2)= 8 columns + 1 = 9 columns
                .ColumnWidths = "30pt;500pt;30pt;30pt;30pt;30pt;30pt;30pt;30pt"
            End With
    Code for selecting & removing items
    With Me.LBAuditP4   '**
    Select Case (Dept)

Case "Service Reception"        '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 6 to 11
        For c = 0 To .ListCount - 1
            If .Selected(c) Then
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "K").Value = Answer
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
    Application.EnableEvents = False
        For I = Me.LBAuditP4.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1    '   Remove items selected
            If .Selected(I) = True Then
                .RemoveItem (I)     ' LBAuditP4.listindex+1
            End If
        Next I
    Rob

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Where in that code are the selected listbox values written to the sheet? As far as I can see, you are just moving data from one sheet to another.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Mentor

Yes in theory, the list box contains 6 questions which when selected the values from the defined range are updated to a ws DIndex, which can be (1 to 20)
    example of one of the questions, extracted values are step1 step2 step3 etc
    so if q1 to q3 selected the values are written to eg ws"1" q1 K6 to Q6, q2 K7 to Q7, q33 K8 to Q8
    hope this makes sense
    Code Service Reception Audit Text Description CE Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5 Load %
    1 Correct Customer & Vehicle Details Obtained N s1 s2 s3 s4 s5 8
    2 Customer Signature Obtained Y Y Y Y Y Y 16
    3 Customer Concerns Recorded In A Clear and Conscise Manner incl. CCC's N N N Y Y Y 24
    4 Customer Add-Ons Individually Referenced and Authorised, Repair Order Ruled Off Y N N Y Y Y 36
    5 Vehicle Warranty Status Confirmed, Outstanding Recalls/Documented On Repair Order N N N Y Y Y 48
    6 Vehicle Service / Repair History Checked Repair Order Endorsed as Repeat Repair N N N Y Y Y 60

Can you post the workbook, it would make it a lot simpler.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Mentor
    The workbook's too big to post, I could hard code the def range to each sheet
    which still leaves the answer to the 3 option buttons either N, Y or NA and the auditors comments for the relevant question
    column K = answer to option button, Auditors comments = col S
    Here is the whole code for this routine if it helps, otherwise I can do you a mock up replicating the same thing ?
    Private Sub CommandButton28_Click()
    '// Audit1 Page 4 all departments automated
    '   listbox items deleted after update leaving only the ones not selected
    '   Load all the variables from AC sheet depending on Dept
    '   we now know which line to write back to with value LBAuditP4 and C
    '   Need to load all the job numbers that have been input on Audit !!!
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    Dim DIndex As String
    Dim c As Integer
    Dim I As Integer
    Dim listindex As Long
    Dim Dept As String
    Dim Answer As String
    Dim check As String
    Dim r As Integer
    Dim x As Integer
    Dim N As Integer
    N = 0: r = 0: c = 0: I = 0: x = 0
    Dim cno As Variant

'   chk if any selection made 1st
    With Me.LBAuditP4
    For r = 0 To .ListCount - 1
    If .Selected(r) = True Then
     x = x + 1
     End If
    Next r
    If x = 0 Then
    MsgBox "No Selection, Please Select A Single or Multiple Questions", , "No Selection Audit Questions"
     Call Clr_LBAudit
      Exit Sub
        End If
    End With
            If x > 1 And OptionButton94.Value = True Then
                    MsgBox " You Cannot Select No, If Your Selection Is > 1 !", , "No, Not Applicable To Multiple Questions"
                For N = 0 To LBAuditP4.ListCount - 1
                   Me.LBAuditP4.Selected(N) = False
                Next N
                N = 0
                        Call Clr_LBAudit
                            Exit Sub
            End If
        check = MsgBox("Correct Questions & Audit Compliant ? Then Click YES To Accept or NO to Abort ! ", _
                        vbYesNo + vbInformation, "Confirmation Of Job Number")
            If check = vbNo Then
                For N = 0 To LBAuditP4.ListCount - 1
                   Me.LBAuditP4.Selected(N) = False
                Next N
                    N = 0
                        Call Clr_LBAudit
                            Exit Sub
            End If
    Dept = Me.CboAudDept.Text
    '   Yes Or No or NA answers here 94 = NO 95 = YES NA = 103 ! updated to include NA 19/10/13
        If OptionButton94.Value = True Then Answer = "N"
        If OptionButton95.Value = True Then Answer = "Y"
        If OptionButton103.Value = True Then Answer = "NA"
    '// Get DIndex variable from AudSum sheet so we know which audit sheet its going to
        DIndex = Worksheets("AudSum").cells(3, "AW").Value

'// Start writing it back to the appropriate sheet using the DIndex variable
            Set ws = Worksheets(DIndex)
            With ws
                If DIndex = 20 And .cells(52, "K").Value <> "" Then GoTo Final
                If .cells(3, "C").Value = "" Then
                .cells(3, "C").Value = Me.TxtAudJobNo.Value: .cells(3, "G").Value = Me.TxtAudJobNo.Value
                .cells(3, "K").Value = CLng(CDate(Me.TxtAudJCDate.Value)): .cells(3, "K").NumberFormat = "DD/MM/YYYY"
                .cells(3, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudLab.Value
                .cells(3, "U").Value = Me.TxtAudMat.Value: .cells(3, "X").Value = Me.TxtAudTotal.Value
                End If
            End With

With Me.LBAuditP4   '**
    Select Case (Dept)

Case "Service Reception"        '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 6 to 1
     If .Selected(c) Then
     Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "K").Value = Answer
     Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
      Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
      Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
     Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
     Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
     Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("SRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
     Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 5, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
                .RemoveItem (I)     ' LBAuditP4.listindex+1
            End If
        Next I
    Application.EnableEvents = True
            Call Clr_LBAudit
            If LBAuditP4.ListCount = 0 Then
               Me.CboAudDept.Text = "W/Shop Control Pre Repair"
            End If
    Case "W/Shop Control Pre Repair"        '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 13 to 19
            If .Selected(c) = True Then
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "K").Value = Answer
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPRErrCode").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 12, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
                .RemoveItem (I)
            End If
        Next I
            Call Clr_LBAudit
                Me.CboAudDept.Text = "Technician"
            End If
    Case "Technician"       '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 21 to 28
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "K").Value = Answer
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Tech").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Tech").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Tech").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Tech").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Tech").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Tech").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 20, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
                .RemoveItem (I)
            End If
        Next I
            Call Clr_LBAudit
                 Me.CboAudDept.Text = "Parts"
            End If
    '   Amended here Post wc now after parts 19/10/13
    Case "Parts"        '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 30 to 35
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "K").Value = Answer
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Parts").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Parts").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Parts").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Parts").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Parts").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("Parts").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 29, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
                .RemoveItem (I)
            End If
        Next I
            Call Clr_LBAudit
                    Me.CboAudDept.Text = "W/Shop Control Post Repair"
            End If

Case "W/Shop Control Post Repair"       '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 37 to 45
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "K").Value = Answer
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPOSErrCode").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPOSErrCode").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPOSErrCode").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPOSErrCode").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPOSErrCode").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WCPOSErrCode").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 36, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
                .RemoveItem (I)
            End If
        Next I
            Call Clr_LBAudit
                    Me.CboAudDept.Text = "Warranty Administration"
            End If

Case "Warranty Administration"      '  Write details to DIndex sheet cells start at 47 to 52
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "K").Value = Answer
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "L").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WarrAdmin").cells(c + 1, 4).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "M").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WarrAdmin").cells(c + 1, 5).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "N").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WarrAdmin").cells(c + 1, 6).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "O").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WarrAdmin").cells(c + 1, 7).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "P").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WarrAdmin").cells(c + 1, 8).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "Q").Value = Worksheets("AC").Range("WarrAdmin").cells(c + 1, 9).Value
                Worksheets(DIndex).cells(c + 1 + 46, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
            End If
        Next c
                .RemoveItem (I)
            End If
        Next I
            If LBAuditP4.ListCount = 0 And DIndex = 20 Then GoTo Final              'page 20 sheet & all questions answered

If LBAuditP4.ListCount = 0 Then   'wrap it up for this job card
                check = MsgBox("Audit Complete For This Job Card :" & vbNewLine & _
                        "  Do You Want To Select Another Job Card / Interrupt Audit At This Point ?", _
                                vbYesNo + vbInformation, "Confirm Another Job Card")
                If check = vbYes Then
                        DIndex = DIndex + 1 ' update to next sheet
                            Worksheets("AudSum").cells(3, "AW").Value = DIndex
    'clear AuditP4 sheet & set back to job number same dealer
                    Call Clr_LBAudit
                        Call Clr_P13_Data
                    Me.CboAudDept = ""
                        OptionButton92.Enabled = False
                            OptionButton93.Enabled = False
                                OptionButton103.Enabled = False
                            Me.TxtAudJobNo.Enabled = True
                        Me.TxtAudJobNo.Text = ""
                    Me.TxtAudJobNo.SetFocus
                MsgBox "Please Select The Next Job Card or Suspend Audit At This Point ?", , "Continuation Of Audit Exit"
                            CommandButton28.Enabled = False
                            Me.LBAuditP4.Enabled = False
                            CommandButton8.Enabled = True
                        Exit Sub
            End If  ' answer no end here
    GoTo Final
    End If
    End Select
    End With
    '// This where we need to updates vales on Multipage2 Page 15
                    'Me.Frame42.Enabled = False
                    'FrmAudit.MultiPage2.Value = 2
                      '  Call CommandButton42_Click

'   Need to do clear up here clear
            'Call Clr_LBAudit
    Exit Sub
    Final:
        MsgBox "End Of Audit For This Dealer, Please Complete Claim Values & Debits", , "Proceed To Claim Values & Debits"
         FrmAudit.MultiPage2.Value = 2
            Call CommandButton42_Click

' Me.MultiPage1.Page12.Visible = True
        'Me.MultiPage1.Value = 4
       ' Me.MultiPage1.Page4.Visible = False
    End Sub
    Last edited by Rob342; 12-18-2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: tidying up

If you could do a mck-up Rob, it would be great. It is those worksheets that are of most interest.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Mentor

Please find attached the "Mock Up"
    If you select Service Reception from the department for a start, I have left the data on chk sheet claim 1 this is how it should be regardless of which questions are selected and at what stage. I did notice if you do not delete the questions after selection then it works all ok
    Something to get your teeth into?

Bye the way thanks for time most appreciated
    Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this what you want?

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Mentor
    Can't download the file, it keeps saving it as a PHP file don't know whether its my computer or a problem on vbax site
    Will try again later at home on a different computer and let you know ok
    Rob

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    it keeps saving it as a PHP file
    Did you update to IE 11.0 recently ?
    Last edited by snb; 12-19-2013 at 08:28 AM.

VBAX Mentor
    Downloaded the file from another computer, ran a few tests during dinner hour

Have changed to multiselect from extended

If all questions are selected then it works ok and audit comments appear in the correct fields
    If you select Q1 & update, Q2 & update to Q6 then it puts all the answers from q1 in all fields, audit comments are correct
    if you select Q1 & Q2 & update then select Q3 to Q6 & update then it puts in the answers for Q1 in Q3 fields
    Q4 put the answers in for Q2, Q5 put in the answers for Q3, Q6 put in the answers for Q4
    All the auditor comments are in the correct fields?

If you select Q1,Q2 and Q3 & update and look at the sheet it all ok, but when you select the Q2,4,5 & update
    Q2 on the sheets contains the answers for Q1
    Q4 contains the answers for Q2
    Q5 contains the answers for Q3

It seems like whatever you select 1st time around it does what its supposed to, but then it goes !?? up after that.
    Impressed with coding you will have to explain later

Rob

snb
    Yes I'm on IE 11.00

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    That's your downloading problem.

I've made a few modifications, so see if this works any better

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Mentor

Changes did not make any difference, i got the the mathermatical brain engaged this morning and did some more testing on the variables, what i noticed was the (c) does not remain constant after the 1st update but idx does and remains the same value to the question number.

Have amended the following routine and guess what it works a treat now!
    With ThisList

'idx remains constant to question no (c) does not after pressing update button
                    idx = .List(c, 0)
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "K").Value = Answer
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "L").Value = Target.Cells(idx, 4).Value
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "M").Value = Target.Cells(idx, 5).Value
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "N").Value = Target.Cells(idx, 6).Value
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "O").Value = Target.Cells(idx, 7).Value
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "P").Value = Target.Cells(idx, 8).Value
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "Q").Value = Target.Cells(idx,9).Value
                    Worksheets(DIndex).Cells(idx + RowOff, "S").Value = Me.TxtAudNotes.Text
                End If
            Next c
    A couple of questions
    1 idx = .list(c,0) is this looking at the array for the list?
    2 RowOff how does this know where to look for the data?
    3 Target.cells does this look at the defined range?

Regards
    Rob

That is very odd, because it worked perfectly for me (as far as I understood what it was supposed to do). c is the index within the listbox, whereas idx resolves to the index within the original list, neither should remain constant, but they are not necessarily the same because you remove items from the listbox. I thought about making that change, and decided it wasn't necessary, which my testing confirmed for me.

As to those questions,
    1 - you load the list array with the index number, then the text, then the numbers. .List(c, 0) returns the first column of that array, namely the index number
    2 - that is essentially hard-coded, set when this procedure is called in the cmdUpdate_Click procedure, depending upon the value selected in the cboAutoDept dropdown
    3 - Target is passed as the appropriate range on the lists worksheet, again specifically set depending upon the value selected in the cboAutoDept dropdown. Cells just defines the Cells property of that range which is passed the row and column numbers to identify a particular cell within Target.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Mentor

Gave it a good blast today with the changes all works as it should every time, so I can carry on now & get the Project finished.
    It beats going back to single selections.
    Thanks for the answers to the questions its made it a lot clearer now.

Thanks for your time on this most appreciated....... I think I owe you a large beer.......
    Have a good Xmas
    Regards
    Rob