Consulting

Thread: Input Box is popping too much.

VBAX Regular
    Input Box is popping too much.

Below is the code I have written. What I want it to do is perform the nested IF functions if "Auto" is selected or pop up an input box if "Manual" is selected. Instead of the input box only popping up once after I select "Manual", it also pops up when I select "Auto" and it will pop up for every cell I have this function in that is dependent on another cell that says "Manual". Essentially it forces me to answer input boxes that have already been answered and are not linked in anyway to the cell I am changing.

To clarify, I want to select "Manual" from a drop-down and I get an input box to put a number in, then I'd hit "OK" and it fills the appropriate cell with that number. If I select "Auto", I want the nested If function to preform and no input boxes.

Thank you!

Function EHours(hVal As String, iVal As String, dVal As String, xVal As String, yVal As String, wVal As String, inputVal As String) As Double

If inputVal = "Manual" Then
    EHours = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Hours Worked =", Title:="Hours Worked.", Type:=1)

ElseIf inputVal = "Auto" Then
        If iVal = "Daily" Then
        EHours = hVal
        ElseIf iVal = "Weekly" Then
            If Month(dVal) = yVal And Day(dVal) = xVal Then
            EHours = hVal
            ElseIf wVal = WeekdayName(Weekday(dVal)) Then
            EHours = hVal
            Else:
            EHours = 0
            End If
        ElseIf iVal = "Bi-Weekly" Then
            EHours = hVal
            ElseIf (Month(DateAdd("d", 14, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 2, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 2, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 3, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 3, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 4, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 4, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 5, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 5, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 6, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 6, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 7, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 7, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 8, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 8, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 9, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 9, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 10, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 10, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 11, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 11, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 12, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 12, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 13, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 13, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 14, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 14, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 15, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 15, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 16, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 16, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 17, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 17, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 18, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 18, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 19, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 19, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 20, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 20, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 21, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 21, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 22, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 22, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 23, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 23, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 24, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 24, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("d", 14 * 25, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("d", 14 * 25, dVal)) = xVal) Then
            EHours = hVal
            Else:
            EHours = 0
            End If
        ElseIf iVal = "Monthly" Then
            EHours = hVal
            ElseIf (Month(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 2, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 3, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 4, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 5, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 6, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 7, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 8, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 9, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 10, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) _
            Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 11, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Or (Month(DateAdd("m", 12, dVal)) = yVal And Day(DateAdd("m", 1, dVal)) = xVal) Then
            EHours = hVal
            Else
            EHours = 0
            End If
        Else:
        EHours = "0"
        End If

End If
    End Function

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I don't think it throwing the inputbox for Auto, I think it is executing the UDF twice for the Manual cell. Not a good idea to put Inputbox in a UDF, better to get them to put the value in a cell, throw an error if Manual and no hours input.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    Alright, that's too bad. It was an afterthought. I wanted to allow the user to also manually input data into the same cell the function was written in. Thank you though.