How do,

I've been telling myself to post this thread for too long!.

After DRJ recommended the; Microsoft Virtual Academy (http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/?mtag=MVP4039979), I can't really hold it off any longer.

I have a habit of waffling on.., so I'll keep this brief

1. There isn't a single area of IT, that I don't find fascinating
  2. This means, I find it incredibly difficult to work out, exactly, what I want to be "When I grow up" .. I'm 33!!
  3. Excel has been my best friend for around 3 years now, as its helped my get "My name" around at work, so I've completed various projects, I wouldn't have been considered for otherwise
  4. Excel is, in itself, part of the problem.
  5. Excel, in all its awesomeness, has its limitations and most of all, I know very people that are't scared of it. So, no matter how many hours/days, I spend on a project, It quickly fizzles out, due to the users' trepidation around using Excel.
  6. I'm reasonably confident, that I'd be well suited to software development (PLEASE feel free to correct me!!), as I have mostly enjoyed learning VBA, while using excel and creating userform based applications.
  7. All the different language options, regarding anything other than using excel, scare me, and to be honest, I just don't have a clue where to start.
  8. Which language is the best to start with?
  9. I'm terrible at reading books!!.

I'm sure that the MVA will help a lot, but still, I would love some guidance, on the first steps