Consulting

Thread: Saving multiple emails as a single document

Saving multiple emails as a single document

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some help with streamlining a process I have to go through every day.

Each morning I come into 3 emails that I have to print, review, sign and file. Currently I print each one (one also has a CSV attachment that I have to print which I have an excel macro for to make it a bit quicker) so they come out of the printer on a single page per email.

What I want to do is have all 3 emails in a single pdf that I could print (double sided to save a bit of paper) or maybe, in the future, digitally sign and file electronically. I have acrobat installed and have played around with some VB code I found on the internet that uses word to save as PDF. I know enough VB to be able to hack existing code but this is outside of my current abilities.

Can anyone help with this point me in the direction of something I could adapt to my needs?

Cheers

here is a basic to get you started, automates the printing of emails, selected by criteria
    Set myfolder = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
    Set g = myfolder.Items.Restrict("[subject] > 'xyz123'")   ' change the field and criteria to suit your requirement
    For Each msg In g
        msg.PrintOut   ' prints to default printer
    Next
    if you have a pdf printer driver installed and set as your default printer, you can send directly to it, some can be fully automated, others have dialog to click
    it would be possible to extend this to include the printing of attachments
    see the help file for information on what fields you can use for restrict