Hello all! I'm very new to VBA, so excuse any ignorance that I may have. This project was given to me today, so I didn't have much time to prepare.

I have an Excel sheet, "Live Ranking.xlsx", with a small list of names and values. That sheet is linked to PowerPoint 2013 slide that will scroll through the list every minute (like a scrolling billboard). However, the values in the Excel sheet are updated every few minutes, saved to a network drive, and are available to be manually updated in the PowerPoint presentation on a different computer.

My issue is that the presentation cannot be updated while being run (which is the whole point of the thing).

I used the below code in a module in the PowerPoint:

Sub RefreshData()    ThisWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:="C:\Users\...\Live Ranking.xlsx", Type:=xlExcelLinks
    mdteScheduledTime = Now + TimeSerial(0, 1, 0)
    Application.OnTime mdteScheduledTime, "RefreshData"
End Sub
Sub StopRefresh()
    Application.OnTime mdteScheduledTime, "RefreshData", , False
End Sub
However it gives an error at the first ".OnTime" which states,

"Compile error: Method or data member not found"

I can't post a link due to the requirement, but if you navigate to Imgur and add this

/A8Z8TIm

to the end of the URL, it will take you to a screenshot of what I have input into the module.

I'm only guessing, but could it be that the macro isn't linked to the chart correctly? If I need to, I can post an edited version of the PowerPoint and Excel Spreadsheet. Thanks for any help!

P.S. Sorry about the link not being correct. There is a 5 post requirement before you can link, but I don't have enough to.