Consulting

Thread: VBA: Mixing Relative & Absolute References

VBAX Contributor
    VBA: Mixing Relative & Absolute References

Hi,
    I have an absolute reference formula that I need to change to always go to the second row ie. A2 G2 W2 wherever it is used instead in this example 67 above.

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _        "=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(R[-67]C:R[-1]C,{""HBA1"";""HBA2"";""HBA3"";""HBA4"";""HBA5"";""HBA6"";""HBA7"";""HBA8"";""HBA9"";""HBAF"";""VANT1"";""VANT2"";""VANT3"";""VANT4"";""VANT5"";""BEAUA"";""BEAUM"";""BEAUX""}&""""))"
    Any help is always appreciated.

I am working with Windows Home Premium version 6.1.7601 SP 1 Build 7601and Excel version 14.0.6123.5001 (32 bit)
    Regards, Peter.

[VBA]Cells(2, ActiveCell.Column).Value = "=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(R[-1]C:R[-1]C,{""HBA1"";""HBA2"";""HBA3"";""HBA4"";""HBA5"";""HBA6"";""HBA7"";""HBA8""; ""HBA9"";""HBAF"";""VANT1"";""VANT2"";""VANT3"";""VANT4"";""VANT5"";""BEAUA "";""BEAUM"";""BEAUX""}&""""))"[/VBA]

VBAX Contributor
    Thank you for your reply and code. I'm sorry to say I can't get it to work. Please see attachedTest.xlsx.xlsm
    Regards, Peter.

You're welcome! If I understood your purpose, you need to insert this function always in the second row and in the current column, right? If you're selecting the cell G187, for example, the function should be inserted at cell G2.

Is that right?

[vba]ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
    "=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(R2C:R[-1]C,{""HBA1"";""HBA2"";""HBA3"";""HBA4"";""HBA5"";""HBA6"";""HBA7"";""HBA8""; ""HBA9"";""HBAF"";""VANT1"";""VANT2"";""VANT3"";""VANT4"";""VANT5"";""BEAUA "";""BEAUM"";""BEAUX""}&""""))"
    [/vba]
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Contributor
    Brilliant exactly as required, Thank you.

D_Marcel, thank you for spending your time on this, as you can see I now have the answer.
    Regards, Peter.

Hum, I see. You need to consider always the range from second row of the current column until the previous row. Sorry for not being so helpful.

Thanks Aflatoon.