I have a number of Word 2003 templates containing various toolbars. Some friends using 2010 would like to use these templates, but the associated toolbars look very messy as addins on the ribbon, especially since all the toolbars get displayed simultaneously on the Custom toolbars ribbon tab, with large parts of them off the RH end of the ribbon, which is both confusing and messy for users. Is it possible to write VBA code that will selectively remove or add the toolbars (but not the templates that house them) from the ribbon? Or is it a matter of having all the toolbars or none at all? I don't have access to Word 2007, so it is difficult to tinker and to see what is possible.

I suppose that I could put the toolbars into separate Word 2003 templates and have code to disable the templates programmatically, through "Templates Organizer", but I'd rather not spend time on that if there is a way of disabling specific custom toolbars in Word 2007 / 2010 etc. I do do that for a selection of additional menus in the main menu, which enables me to toggle menu commands on and off at the click of a button.

Thanks