Consulting

Thread: Multiple Goal Seek Code - Only Solves the First Row

VBAX Newbie
    Multiple Goal Seek Code - Only Solves the First Row

Hi! I am trying to utilize some code for multiple cell goal seek. It allows you to select the set cells, cells that will be changed to, and the cells that will change. However it only works on the first row . The code is below, I am using excel 2007.

Option Explicit
    Sub Multi_Goal_Seek()
    Dim TargetVal As Range, DesiredVal As Range, ChangeVal As Range, CVcheck As Range
    Dim CheckLen As Long, i As Long

restart:
    With Application
    Set TargetVal = .InputBox(Title:="Select a range in a single row or column", _
    prompt:="Select your range which contains the ""Set Cell"" range", Default:=Range("C11:E11").Address, Type:=8)
    'no default option
    'prompt:="Select your range which contains the ""Set Cell"" range",, Type:=8)
    Set DesiredVal = .InputBox(Title:="Select a range in a single row or column", _
    prompt:="Select the range which the ""Set Cells"" will be changed to", Default:=Range("C12:E12").Address, Type:=8)
    'no default option
    'prompt:="Select the range which the ""Set Cells"" will be changed to",, Type:=8)
    Set ChangeVal = .InputBox(Title:="Select a range in a single row or column", _
    prompt:="Select the range of cells that will be changed", Default:=Range("G8:G10").Address, Type:=8)
    'no default option
    'prompt:="Select the range of cells that will be changed",, Type:=8)
    End With

'Ensure that the changing cell range contains only values, no formulas allowed
    Set CVcheck = Intersect(ChangeVal, Union(Sheets(ChangeVal.Parent.Name).Cells.SpecialCells(xlBlanks), Sheets(ChangeVal.Parent.Name).Cells.SpecialCells(xlConstants)))
    If CVcheck Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "Changing value range contains no blank cells or values" & vbNewLine & _
    "Goal seek only works if the cells to be changed are values, please ensure that this is the case", vbCritical
    Application.GoTo reference:=DesiredVal
    Exit Sub
    Else

If CVcheck.Cells.Count <> DesiredVal.Cells.Count Then
    MsgBox "Changing value range contains formulas" & vbNewLine & _
    "Goal seek only works if the cells to be changed are values, please ensure that this is the case", vbCritical
    Application.GoTo reference:=DesiredVal
    Exit Sub
    End If
    End If

'Ensure that the amount of cells is consistent
    If TargetVal.Cells.Count <> DesiredVal.Cells.Count Or TargetVal.Cells.Count <> ChangeVal.Cells.Count Then
    CheckLen = MsgBox("Ranges were different lengths, please press yes to re-enter", vbYesNo + vbCritical)
    If CheckLen = vbYes Then
    'If ranges are different sizes and user wants to redo then restart code
    GoTo restart
    Else
    Exit Sub
    End If
    End If

' Loop through the goalseek method
    For i = 1 To TargetVal.Columns.Count
    TargetVal.Cells(i).GoalSeek Goal:=DesiredVal.Cells(i).Value, ChangingCell:=ChangeVal.Cells(i)
    Next i
    End Sub

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Take a look here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...cro-code-error
    where the suggestion is to alter:
    For i = 1 To TargetVal.Columns.Count
    to:
    For i = 1 To TargetVal.Rows.Count

I don't know how your data are arranged so this may need changing to:
    For i = 1 To TargetVal.cells.Count
    instead.

If none of these work, then supply a sample workbook with source data and desired results.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Newbie

For i = 1 To TargetVal.Rows.Count

That did the trick. Code working as intended now. Thank you so much.