Consulting

Thread: Date format in userform text box

VBAX Expert
    Date format in userform text box

can anyone tell me how to format my text box so my users can view a date in uk style and not us style?

Also need to save the date from a text box into a spreadsheet in the correct format so will also need to change the format prior to the save

cheers

gibbo

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    can anyone tell me how to format my text box so my users can view a date in uk style and not us style?

Also need to save the date from a text box into a spreadsheet in the correct format so will also need to change the format prior to the save

cheers

gibbo
    You can have any format in a textbox, doesn't have to be US style, so I don't get the first question.

Second, cast it
    CDate(Textbox1.Text)

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Expert
    sorry for my poor explanation, i have data on my spreadsheet that is formatted to uk style, when i call that data into my form (frm1.Textbox1.value = ActiveCell.Value) it is displayed as US Style i.e. in my cell 01/08/2005 where as on my userform it shows as 08/01/2005

sorry for my poor explanation, i have data on my spreadsheet that is formatted to uk style, when i call that data into my form (frm1.Textbox1.value = ActiveCell.Value) it is displayed as US Style i.e. in my cell 01/08/2005 where as on my userform it shows as 08/01/2005
    Okay, so just force it

Textbox1.Text = Format(Range("A1").Value, "dd/mm/yyyy")

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Expert
    That worked great for displaying the data in a text box so my text box now displays dd/mm/yyyy as required, but doesnt work for saving the data to the spreadsheet

How do I code the value in the text box so that when i save it i get dd/mm/yyyy format on my spreadsheet and not mm/dd/yyyy ?

dont quite understand the CDate(Textbox1.Text)command can u explain this for me

cheers

gibbo?

How do I code the value in the text box so that when i save it i get dd/mm/yyyy format on my spreadsheet and not mm/dd/yyyy ?

dont quite understand the CDate(Textbox1.Text)command can u explain this for me
    Range("B1").Value = CDate(TextBox1.Text)

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Expert
    Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me, certainly something i will be using in the future

thankyou

Gibbo