Consulting

Thread: Full Episode: How to become an Excel MVP - with guest Kari Finn (Episode 2)

Moderator VBAX Regular
    Full Episode: How to become an Excel MVP - with guest Kari Finn (Episode 2)

We had some technical glitches in the live take last night, but we did some editing and are proud to present Episode 2 in full!

Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOjolTwG1MY

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    You did some editing? Really? Next time try selecting the whole file then press delete.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    That is exactly the point, the lack of proper editorship. Editors do more than just ensure the physical quality of the output, they are responsible for the quality of the content. The one I started watching said nothing in 6 minutes. It was just 3 people who were laughing and joking without actually saying anything, ostensibly around the topic of Excel, and one other person sitting there playing the role of the lemon. As I said I had to give up at 6 minutes, I could see there was 45 minutes altogether and I couldn't waste my time on this drivel.

I also took a peek at the first one, here I wound forward a number of times to see how it actually developed. The main guest had terrible lighting, making it look amateurish, and whilst it eventually covered Excel topics, that were being presented appallingly, too much of guys who thought they were funny when they were just prats, and too long. Like everything else, each episode needs a proper plan, a storyboard, an overall script with timings, and followed in a disciplined manner. This reeks of just being flung together, unstructured, ill-disciplined, and lacking proper leadership. I just cannot believe that many people will sit there for 45+ minutes, I certainly won't invest that much time for little or no return.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

It was a party. Didn't you see the bottle of wine? That's why nobody could focus their cameras.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

Site Admin
    Topher
    Other than the comments posted above, what are the thoughts on the guest? Was the guest able to bring value and content to the show?

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    As always, Kari was heartfelt and to the point. One of the nicest ladies I've ever met. I thought she did a good job of explaining the breadth and meaning of the MVP program, as well as how to find or nominate somebody. If you didn't know about it, the show was informative.