Consulting

Thread: Chris from THE state of Ohio

Smile Chris from THE state of Ohio

Hey everyone!

I'm Chris, I'm all of 25 years old, and I've been working with Excel, PowerPoint, etc... for a little over 3 years now as a financial analyst. I've been over at the MrExcel forum all those years and just recently heard that this was the place where all the cool people hang out. So of course I had to check it out! I like that there are specific threads set up for PowerPoint and Word. I have been painfully teaching myself how to code VBA for those applications after becoming fairly comfortable with VBA for Excel. It looks like there are a ton of great and knowledgeable people on this forum and I am excited to learn from everyone (and maybe give you all my two cents from time to time!). I'm always around on social media, so feel free to connect with me.

PS. In my title I capitalized the word "the" for a reason. Us Ohioans like to insert 'the' in front of everything!

See ya around!

Chris
    Chris Macro

The Spreadsheet Guru
    Using Office 2007 (Windows 7) & Office 2013 (Windows 8)
    Twitter | Facebook| Google+

Hey Chris. welcome to the forum
    PLS DO NOT PM; OPEN A THREAD INSTEAD!!!

1) Posting Code
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE]
    (or paste your code, select it, click # button)

2) Uploading File(s)
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) (multiple files can be selected while holding Ctrl key) / Upload Files / Done
    Replace company specific / sensitive / confidential data. Include so many rows and sheets etc in the uploaded workbook to enable the helpers visualize the data and table structure. Helpers do not need the entire workbook.

3) Testing the Codes
    always back up your files before testing the codes.

4) Marking the Thread as Solved
    from Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Good to have you aboard Chris, as you say, this is indeed where the cool people are. It is nowhere near as busy as MrExcel, but where necessary, threads develop here, they don't just drop off the radar within an hour.

It's also good to see someone of your age using VBA, keep all of us old farts on our toes

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Quote Originally Posted by mancubus View Post
    Hey Chris. welcome to the forum
    Thanks Mancubus
    Chris Macro

The Spreadsheet Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xld View Post
    Good to have you aboard Chris, as you say, this is indeed where the cool people are. It is nowhere near as busy as MrExcel, but where necessary, threads develop here, they don't just drop off the radar within an hour.

It's also good to see someone of your age using VBA, keep all of us old farts on our toes

Haha, yeah I don't know too many people my age who play around with VBA either! But I'm currently designated as my company's Excel consultant/teacher, so hopefully I'll be able to sway some more people my age to realize the power of VBA. Thanks for leaving a note James!
    Chris Macro

The Spreadsheet Guru

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I am not James, that is a quote from the American humourist James Thurber, http://thurberhouse.org/james-thurber. He is somewhat topical, as he wrote The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the story is far better than the rambling movie.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

haha, my apologies. That's what I get for trying to be personal! I will refer to you as Grand Master xld from now on
    Chris Macro

The Spreadsheet Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xld View Post
    I am not James, that is a quote from the American humourist James Thurber, http://thurberhouse.org/james-thurber. He is somewhat topical, as he wrote The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the story is far better than the rambling movie.
    this is really good.
    "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers." © James Thurber
    PLS DO NOT PM; OPEN A THREAD INSTEAD!!!

1) Posting Code
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE]
    (or paste your code, select it, click # button)

2) Uploading File(s)
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) (multiple files can be selected while holding Ctrl key) / Upload Files / Done
    Replace company specific / sensitive / confidential data. Include so many rows and sheets etc in the uploaded workbook to enable the helpers visualize the data and table structure. Helpers do not need the entire workbook.

3) Testing the Codes
    always back up your files before testing the codes.

4) Marking the Thread as Solved
    from Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

You should always refer to Bob as xld. It's still in question whether this Bob fellow actually exists or not.

Caution Chris, you may learn copious amounts of information here, and it could become extremely addictive and habit forming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Barresse View Post
    Welcome!

You should always refer to Bob as xld. It's still in question whether this Bob fellow actually exists or not.

Caution Chris, you may learn copious amounts of information here, and it could become extremely addictive and habit forming.
    Haha, I'll have to keep that in mind Zack!
    Chris Macro

The Spreadsheet Guru

I want to learn too!! And welcome from THE state of Confusion (most of the time). Actually, I can say where I am in two words..."Roll Tide"....

VBAX Regular