Consulting

Thread: Headings in formulas

VBAX Regular
    Headings in formulas

Hi all,

I am assisting my wife to change an Excel spreadsheet with numerous formulas, which was created by another person in her company who is not available anymore. We both know Excel quite well, but are perplexed by something we have not seen and do not know how it was done.

In stead of the normal range cell references (e.g. "A1") the column headings are in the formulas in square brackets. If one changes a formula activate a cell in a column to enter that cell reference, the column heading in square brackets is automatically entered. It would also seem that all the formulas in that column from 3 downwards are automatically changed when the formula in row 2 is changed; row 1 obviously has the column heading.

I searched the help articles and couldn't find any explanation of how this was achieved.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    Any sample workbook too.

VBAX Regular
    I will try to isolate post a page from the workbook. The current workbook is enormous.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Regular
    Thanks for all assistance. Apology for not responding sooner.