Consulting

Thread: Moving emails to Public Folders

VBAX Newbie
    Moving emails to Public Folders

Hi all,

I know this is covered in quite a few threads out there, but the code I have just doesn't do what it should do and I have a strong feeling it is how I am declaring the public folder location.
    The code below works when I move between pst files, but when I changed it to send form inbox to public... well... nothing happens... i get no errors in the code at all...

Basically I need to move the emails to a folder on the top level of the "all public folders" called "KDDI".

I am quite new to VBA so please be patient any help I can get is very much appreciated! (sorry if I didn't tag out the code, I wasn't sure how... I know that annoys people... sorry!)
    Sub MoveToFiled()
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim ns As Outlook.NameSpace
    Dim moveToFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Dim objItem As Outlook.MailItem
    Set ns = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    'Define path to the target folder
    Set moveToFolder = ns.GetDefaultFolder(olPublicFoldersAllPublicFolders).Folders.Item("KDDI")
    If Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Count = 0 Then
    MsgBox ("No item selected")
    Exit Sub
    End If
    If moveToFolder Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "Target folder not found!", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "Move Macro Error"
    End If
    For Each objItem In Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection
    If moveToFolder.DefaultItemType = olMailItem Then
    If objItem.Class = olMail Then
    objItem.Move moveToFolder
    End If
    End If
    Next
    Set objItem = Nothing
    Set moveToFolder = Nothing
    Set ns = Nothing
    End Sub

Thanks
    Harvi

i get no errors in the code at all...
    first remove on error resume next, so you will know if any errors occur

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    first remove on error resume next, so you will know if any errors occur
    hey,

I did that, no change. I ran through the code using the step into (F8 I think it was) and I get no actual code errors, it just runs through and doesn't do or say anything.
    when I purposely do not select an email, it throws up the error as expected. but that's the only thing I can get it to actually do

I know my lack of experience doesn't help... but I do also think it's that public folders command... just not sure what.

i can not give exact answer as i do not have any public folders, and a different version of outlook, appears to have different objects and constant for public folders