Consulting

Thread: How to unarchive Archived emails from Enterprise Vault

VBAX Newbie
    How to unarchive Archived emails from Enterprise Vault

I am trying to access over 1000 emails which have been archived by Enterprise Vault and wanted to know whether if its possible to have VBA to;

Open the individual email from a folder and from the File menu, select info and the move item to a different folder.

I need to do this as I need my archived emails and then I can extract them as .PST file.

Your help would be much appreciated.

I am using version 2010.

Hi all,

I am actually trying to achieve the same thing. Maybe somebody could help as I am a noob with VBA in Outlook. The code could would have to the following steps in a loop for each email in my inbox:

1. open the email in a new window (this restores the mail from the vault)
    2. select move to a folder (of my choosing)

Simply moving all mails without opening them individually wont do the the trick.

I am using Outlook 2013

Any help would really be appreciated.

cheers and thanks

Peter

P.s.: there is also a PDF from the Singapore University describing the steps but I guess you probably get what i want to do (else simply google "Microsoft Outlook 2010 How to restore vaulted emails?" - it should be the first hit (a PDF))

Simply moving all mails without opening them individually wont do the the trick.
    Don't you have any rules for which folder they go in?
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ