Consulting

Thread: VBA MACRO CODE FOR GROUPING THE DATA BASED ON 2 HOURS TIME...

VBAX Regular
    VBA MACRO CODE FOR GROUPING THE DATA BASED ON 2 HOURS TIME...

Hello Experts,

I need a VBA macro code to get the output like in the excel file which I have attached with this thread. Which means, I need to group the data for every two hours. in the output I need all 4 cols namely A, B, C, D along with extra col namely, interval based on which I need these groupings to be done..

I did manually for your kind reference and easy understanding... please find the attachment.... in the excel sheet I have explained still more clearly, please refer that...

A kind request, the code has to be really flexible so that it works for all dates and times in the files. because like this I have to do for 2000 files.....
    I hope I am clear and I am not confusing you experts and also I hope for experts like you this code will be easier to write...
    for further clarification, I am very much ready to answer you...

Looking forward for the positive reply..... please do the needful...
    Thank you,

With kind regards,
    Dharani.
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Regular

It's not quite clear what you're going for, but here's the information we need to help you:

1. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you have a group of files and you're trying to summarize the data into one sheet? Or do you have a list (like the one attached) and you need to categorize the items in that list?
    2. What are the exact operations & business rules by which you derive your output? It looks like you placing certain values into intervals--what are those intervals, and what is the starting value?
    3. You've done some formatting (highlighting, deleting some values)--is that part of the macro as well?

If you can help us understand what you want, we can be a lot more helpful in guiding you.

Lastly: by and large, this forum will not write code for you. We'll certainly help solve specific problems, but nobody here will do your work for you. So take a stab at it, and then when you get stuck, post your specific problem and we'll help you out.

A great place to start is reading and writing cell values. To do that, just go like this:

'To write:
    Dim lRow as Long
    Dim lColumn as Long
    Dim sNewValue as String
    'Set the variables to the desired values here
    CurrentSheet.Cells(lRow,lColumn) = sNewValue
    'Now that cell has the value you assigned it

'To read:
    Dim lRow as Long
    Dim lColumn as Long
    Dim sCurrentValue as String
    'Set the variables to the desired values here
    sCurrentValue = CurrentSheet.Cells(lRow,lColumn)
    'now sCurrentValue holds the value of that cell

'You can reference another worksheet's cell like this:
    sCurrentValue = Worksheets("Sheet1").CurrentSheet.Cells(lRow,lColumn)
    Hopefully that will get you started. Good luck!

Dan

VBAX Regular
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SPENDING YOUR VALUABLE TIME IN HELPING ME TO SORT OUT MY PROBLEM...
    THANK YOU...

WITH KIND REGARDS,
    DHARANI.