Consulting

Thread: Excel 2007 to Excel 2010 Incompatibility

VBAX Newbie
    Excel 2007 to Excel 2010 Incompatibility

I have spent about 7-8 years developing software for a small trucking firm that essentially automates the driver's daily trip report. It consists of a multiple worksheet workbook that uses a lot of VBA to capture contents, build a historical database and create fleet truck DOT reports. Everything has been working fine with the move to Excel 2010 until recently. Now I encounter a message box that says "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." No clues, no idea where the problem is or what it is all about. I have backed out things just added but to no avail. Frequently, the cursor will not be an arrow with the workbook starts. When it turns to an arrow, as soon as I touch a cell, I get the error.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem? Any clues on how to try to chase it down? I've thought about the Inquire Toolkit on Excel 2013 to see if that would be any help, but I'd probably have to start a subscription to Office 365 to get it. I've had problems trying the Office 2013 Professional Plus trial, but I may have to go to Microsoft to try to get that to work. Appreciate any tips anyone can give.

Terry Sturgeon
    Kalamazoo County, MI

VBAX Sage

1. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

2. I've heard that is any module is near 64K, then you can get into problems. I've split modules that get too large

3. 2010 xlsm files are really a zip, so I've renamed them as .zip and opened it and poked around. One time I found that I had MB's of styles and didn't realize it

4. Worst case was rebuilding it from scratch into a new workbook, code and worksheets. #1 (CC) has an option to Export to a folder, and a corresponding option to import from a folder, so that part was easy. I did NOT copy the worksheets to make sure that would not just transport the error. Copy Paste, tedious but safer.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    @paul

No need to rename to zip.
    I open wikth Izarc, that is integrated in the right click mouse menu.

office 2007 also consists of zip files.