Consulting

Thread: Anyone Used LockXLS?

Question Anyone Used LockXLS?

I was curious to see if anyone on the board has any experience with the workbook protection software LockXLS? I've read mixed reviews about the software but they were dated back in 2011 so wasn't sure if anything had changed since. Would love to get your insight on the product and if it is worth the $$

I am also looking at XLS Padlock. Feedback concerning their software would be of interest to me too.
    Last edited by Chris Macro; 05-14-2014 at 07:28 AM.
    Chris Macro

The Spreadsheet Guru
    Using Office 2007 (Windows 7) & Office 2013 (Windows 8)
    Twitter | Facebook| Google+

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I haven't personally, but a colleague thinks it is great, seems to do everything he wants (trial licensing, machine licensing, and so on). I must admit when I looked it didn't seem that extensive, but that is what I was told.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

I spent a long time looking at different excel to exe programmes and finally brought xls padlock.

I am delighted with the functionality of it and have not found any faults so far in the 6 months i have been using it.
    Last edited by keith barnes; 07-07-2022 at 02:41 AM.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keith barnes View Post
    I spent a long time looking at different excel to exe programmes and finally brought xls padlock.

I am delighted with the functionality of it and have not found any faults so far in the 6 months i have been using it.
    Keith, can I ask, why did you feel the need for such a program for Excel to exe?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber