Consulting

Thread: Is it possible to populate a chart from a userform???

Is it possible to populate a chart from a userform???

Hello all,

I am racking my brain with trying to find a solution to my problem. I am creating a template for a business plan in word. The plan will be used by several people with varying levels of experience and comfort with msoffice. I would like to capture data with a textbox on a userform and use that data as a source for populating a chart.

Is if possible to take data from a userform textbox and use it as the source data to populate a chart? Any help is much appreciated.

VBAX Regular
    Do you mean that all the users will use the same chart with different data?

If so, crate a "template" chart and mark each insertion point with a bookmark.

Have a user form sprung from Auto_New which has a text box for each element of data required (and a label specifying the data by each text box).

When the user has completed the form (click "OK"?) read the data from the text boxes and write it into the chart eg:

ActiveDocument.BoookMarks("Sales").Select
    Selection.Text=textboxSales

I am but a self taught amateur however. If a professional replies with the proper way to do this, follow him and not me!

Geoff

VBAX Newbie
    Hey can anyone help me with the following :

I want to change the color of chart points using conditional formatting in chart control userform.
    My datasource for the chart is a spreadsheet control.

VBAX Wizard
    Some clarity is needed. You say "chart"; you also say "conditional formatting". Are you talking about a chart in Excel?