Consulting

Thread: Consolidate worksheets with specific requirements

Consolidate worksheets with specific requirements

Hi Paul,

I tried the same code for my attached sample data file. However, I want to have additional fuctions and options: since all the tabs have the same format, I want (1) to keep the same format of Mastersheet. (2) I want to have option to sum up all the repeated line items because they technically are one but being split out per departments (business unit). Thank you for all your helps.

Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Sage

your sample appears to be formatted to look nice, but that does not lend itself to data analysis in Excel (my opinion only of course)

For example sheet FABRICATION SERVICES (SPS) has two sub-blocks F&F and SPS. SPS is split at a page break and the second is marked (CONTINUED)

Again, my choice would be to separate 'Data' from 'Presentation' by putting all the data into a list and using Excel pivot tables and graphs to do analysis and reporting (attachment with a little of your data)

Sorry if I'm off base here, but if you have a specific question I'll try to help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Thank You. How would do you to extract all the data from 'Presentation' without 'copy and paste'? For clarification, I got the report from another person as 'Presentation' format. However, I need to do the data analysis that's why I want to combine data only. This person is doing manual input on each table of each tab on monthly basic. I strongly feel it's a really unefficent working process. Do you have any suggestion?

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    I've started a new thread for you. Instead of hijacking another thread, this is where you would start your own. Here is the originally referenced thread:

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...49556&p=310104

Thank you. So sorry. I did not realize that was a "hijacking" action. I thought "forum" is where for questions and answers!